Yes, I'm starting out a post with a picture of his cake. But it was SUPER yummy, so it deserves to be here. He wanted an Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake........ Star War's Style.
It's an awesome and super easy recipe. I ended up doubling it and putting it in a 9x13 pan and I think I like it better this way. He was THRILLED.
It's an awesome and super easy recipe. I ended up doubling it and putting it in a 9x13 pan and I think I like it better this way. He was THRILLED.Okay, now to the pinata. Now THERE'S a story. I had the flu-ish something last week on the 2 days I needed to start it and obviously didn't get around to starting it. So I thought, I'll just run to a store and buy a Star Wars pinata somewhere.......well those "somewheres" ended up being nowheres. I couldn't find one anywhere.
Then I went back to Walmart and found a Spiderman bodice one......and right behind it were party masks for a Star Wars party.........then the lightbulb went on!
Bronson helped me with this pinata this year one night when I let him stay up late with me and watch Narnia. Here we are covering spiderman to reinforce the pinata more. Afterall, there were going to be BIG kids whacking it!Then I went to grab the white paint the next day and I didn't have any....for the CLONE TROOPER! AH! Bronson said he wanted a black one then. Even though there aren't any on the movies......whatever. So he let his brothers help him paint it black.
Then the next morning (morning of the party) he wanted it gray. So it could be a "white one that just got a little dirty" Um. Okay. It's HIS birthday right?So he painted it gray and then we added the black and stuff like on his Clone Trooper toy.
He LOVED it and worked so hard on it.
Note: the Walmart pinatas do NOT need to be reinforced. They're SUPER strong as it is.After their naps (yes, they all still take naps, and Bronson still takes them on the weekends) we had his party.
We did the pinata outside with the friends he wanted to have over because it was BEAUTIFUL yesterday. (the kids were in the wading pool in their swimsuits earlier in the day)
During his party he just ran in to me and gave me a HUGE hug and said "This is the best birthday EVER!" I enjoyed it too. I didn't have to serve up cake AND icecream, I had fun chatting with the parents (we invite the WHOLE family), and Bronson was just so grateful for everything......................so all it all it was a successful day for Bronson with lunch w/ Daddy, basketball in the driveway, picking dinner, picking the movie, picking breakfast, playing with ALL his toys and eating treats! I'm hoping Bronson forgot that his birthday morning started off with his mouth being washed out with soap though.
3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRONSON!!! I think the pinata you made is the best one yet. It looks like you had a really fun day.
I couldn't help but notice that BEAUTIFUL DAY scene out the back door behind your son, too!
About the soap...consistency IS THE KEY! Even though, sometimes we (my husband) want to "let up on 'em" for certain occasions - like THEIR BIRTHDAY!
What a FUN day!!!! And excellent improvising with the pinata!!!!
Post a Comment