Tuesday, May 5, 2020

High Adventure 2019

Brooks, Camden and Bronson joined other young men from our stake on a high adventure trip in NEW MEXICO! (Please don't bring up the length of the drive to Brooks.....#soretopic)

The boys were under STRICT instructions to send me pictures. The first and only one I got from the first day was from Camden and his new friend he had with him for a bit I guess.... I'm not sure what to believe.
I told him what any respectable mom would tell him....to not come home if it's still with him.

I got a few pics of hiking and backpacking and some of landscapes. It's funny how they would send me pics not believing how dry everything was. I forgot they didn't grow up in Utah like me who regularly visited Arizona. They were amazed though.


 This picture was taken at the top of their highest hike. Not everyone made it and even Brooks said it was super challenging. It was SO hard that apparently the boys couldn't even SMILE at the top !
Also I have no idea why Brooks has two rags hanging from his pants. Maybe to wipe his hands?

Their favorite part they said was the white water rafting. Brooks was on a raft in front of them and saw this real time. These are professional pics I found on a website. 
So this is the boys' raft. Bronson in front right and Camden second back on the left going into the rapids.
 Then the looks on their faces change when the raft starts get get knocked around a little and they start to get worried.
Even looking at their faces now makes me laugh.
 I think it's about NOW that they realize they are dead. Camden can't even be SEEN!
 BRONSON'S FACE!!!!!!!!

Brooks said he was just dying laughing in his raft ahead of them.

When the boys got home I heard so many stories that I'm SO glad I didn't hear DURING the time. Like about boys feeling like they were going to die and fall off a cliff and kids getting lost. But that's all part of the fun....right? RIGHT?!?!?!


No comments: