Thursday, May 7, 2020

Getting Settled In

Since moving to a place with more land and away from people, the kids are THRILLED to have so many encounters with critters from lizards, to geese in our pond (and an occasional crane), fish and FROGS! 
But can you even IMAGINE Royce's excitement when he found a bunch of MINI FROGS?!?!? This is a MAJOR jackpot for this boy.

I like frogs. Frogs and turtles. They are the animals that are pretty kid-resilient, they are fun to play with and then usually end up escaping back to nature. So it all works out. At night there are TONS of frogs here. Kellyn named this one "Lemon"

She clearly loves it.
Iley takes the frog love to a WHOLE new level. She takes her new friend in the BATH with her. This one had the sticky fingers and would climb up the wall (probably to get away from her) and the girls were even MORE entertained.

You know when you go to the store and there are "Buy 1 Get 1 free" sales? Well we got one of THOSE with this house and didn't even KNOW it. 
APPARENTLY when you buy this house and barn, you get the FREE cat with it!
CHECK OUT THE CAT'S FACE!!!!!! BWHAHAHA. It doesn't like us but Everly doesn't take no for an answer.
The cat DOES have a name now though. It's "Kristoff". Iley named it after the male character on Frozen even though the cat we think is a female. Whatever. As long as it keeps catching and eating mice in the barn I don't care WHAT the name is.

Speaking of barn.....this is Kristoff's home.
But Brooks paid/incentivized/you-get-the-idea Bronson and Camden to paint it RED!!!!!
I am SOOOOOO soooooooo excited. I think red barns are the dreamiest things!
 The only problem is that Brooks paid them per hour.....and these two knew EXACTLY how to draw out those hours. But who cares. It looks so good. Here's a before and after.


But really, we have ALL really enjoyed getting back to nature more around here. 😊
 It's not my CHOSEN outfit for him, but for ONCE it's so nice to know IT DOESN'T MATTER! There's not a SOUL around here to see or find out! ha!
(The kids had to wait about 2 weeks after moving in to get in the pool because of a MAJOR chemical/acid unbalance that I had to keep dumping stuff in to fix. Buying a home "as is" has it's adventures which I won't go into all of them. #blockingoutmost )

We had a wading pool still in the box that we found unpacking and Bronson, Camden, Emerson and Royce decided it would make a really good fishing boat. 

I looked out the back window and saw Bronson exercising with his ladder on the ground. He would do it and then let Wynn try. I could seriously watch this scene for hours.


Camden turned 15 on August 2nd. He thinks he's sooooooo big now and ready to pass up his dad in height.
The above picture looks like Camden just passed up Brooks but as you can see below it's still dead even. #poofyhairadvantages
We love Camden!

I'll tell you another thing we love......these new beanbags I bought so we can all have a place to sit for once in the TV room. Every time Kellyn lays down in it for even a few minutes it's LIGHTS OUT!

With more land I guess we "need" more tools. It's a valid point, but when you send your husband to go find a lawnmower and he comes back like THIS, it makes you laugh.
You see Brooks can't STOMACH spending money. It makes him sick! So when he walked in wearing a "TORO" hat saying he didn't feel to well, I knew he had himself a new Toro lawnmower. And how NICE that they threw in a "free" hat for the purchase. 😉

Well then a week later Brooks comes home from running errands holding his belly with THIS new hat on.

Yep, you guessed it, a bunch of "Stihl" stuff. 😂 The salesperson probably thought as he walked out, "What a SUCKER, he took all three!"

 The backpack blower is powerful enough to take Royce on a MAJOR ride. It was hilarious seeing him sway while trying to blow off the driveway.

Brooks took over the job (with his "free" hat of course) and I snapped this picture of Iley running to the pond with her lifejacket on.....and nothing else. Again, we clearly feel free here.

 There were so many projects done at the beginning with carpet, painting, plumbing, water heater issues etc. But I'm just glad when my husband put handles on all my kitchen cupboards. I don't ask for much. 







No comments: