Thursday, May 9, 2019

We drove to UTAH!

I know, we are CRAZY, but we did. I think the hardest part of planning for this trip was convincing Brooks that he would survive the driving part. ha! I drove most of it anyway and thankfully he had books and studying to keep him occupied. Sometimes Wynn required holding my hand to handle being in her carseat that long.

We would find parks along the way to stop and eat. This was where we stopped to eat yogurt parfaits for breakfast that first morning in "somewhere", Kansas.
 Brooks of course made some physical competition with Bronson. I can't even do ONE pull-up!
 There were cool wind-thingies the whole drove. One of the kids commented they were "creepy". What? At one point in Colorado in the trip Bronson looked out the window to "nothing" and commented, "No WONDER people smoke weed here there's nothing else!"πŸ˜‚
 The babies were pretty good troopers though. As I look at this picture we must've had some sort of miscommunication.....because that is ILEY in the front seat closest to the driver. And we made it a point to have the louder and more demanding twin (Iley) in the second seat as much as we could. DOH!
 Our first night for dinner we stopped in Denver, at Brooks' mission president's house. Brooks LOVES these two people and it was my first time meeting them. What a choice and uplifting couple they are. And GRACIOUS to host us. PLUS, their South African accents were fun to listen to as well.

We (meaning "I") made it to Laramie, WY that night to sleep. After going to church that morning we made the last part of our trip to Utah. Stopping quick at a rest area that had bison (?!) for yogurt parfaits again.

 We made it to Brooks' parents house late afternoon and man, was that GOOD to see everyone there! One of my favorite parts of being there, is just hearing Brooks' laugh when he's around his family. It's a constant sound.


 All four brothers with their families were there. I love seeing the kids with their cousins.

 Having not met Uncle Casey much, these girls sure warmed up to him fast. Probably because he looks and sounds the most like Brooks.
 I had these "twinado warning" onesies made before our trip. They definitely lived up to it on our stay at Grandma's. Also, Wynn's face 😍😍
Shirts, shoes and clothes in general seem to be optional at Grandma and RA's for the cousins.



And Brooks definitely didn't waste time in showing his nephews who was boss.
 Thankfully, Uncle "Bug" just snuggled my kids and didn't need to show them anything. πŸ˜€
 The boys..... (and I'm not sure what is up with Emerson's hat......hopefully it wasn't worn in public)
And there was ping pong...... LOTS of it.
 Kellyn just LOOOOOOOVES being with her cousins. She just GLOWS when she is around them.
RA holds quite the special spot in my girls' hearts as well. Especially Aleeya.
I love this picture of RA with Kellyn jumping to him.
 Speaking of RA, he also got to go to the temple with Emerson when he went through for his first time while in Utah.

Talk about a dream come true for Brooks to be with ALL his brothers in Utah.
 Not only that, but it was the FIRST time the WHOLE family has EVER been together for a picture since everyone has been married. It definitely merits a picture. (Bronson wasn't there though)
This one is my favorite picture because of Kellyn and Elle looking at each other and just GRINNING!

                                                  πŸ‘†πŸ‘†






No comments: