Oh summer...... the season full of eventful lazy days.
As I looked through all my summer pictures they were merely snapshots of picture-worthy moments all rolled up into one sweaty summer.
Like this one.....a day at the lake Dardanelle. It's a few miles from our house so it's a common place for us to go, but still.....seeing it behind my family (and few friends) always brings me such a peaceful feeling.
And cute floatie-princesses ALWAYS bring a smile to my face. And yes, the water is always that brown by the "beach". Yet, the kids love playing there.
Look how proud Aleeya is of herself catching a frog at the pool.
(Actually if this was an accurate collage of summer, 90% of the pictures WOULD be at the pool)
Bronson went with the stake to Youth Conference up in Kansas City, MO and Adam-ondi-ahman.
(tall kid in the back in mine......whaaaaaat?!?!)

We needed to pick him up early so I drove the 5/6 hours to grab him. I took Aleeya and Emerson with me while we listened to Harry Potter on CD. While driving we saw this road sign and HAD to take a picture.
Iris wasn't even WITH us, and we even texted the picture to Brooks to show Iris. Now I'm wondering if that may have appeared like a rub-it-in-your-face move since she didn't come? whoops.
Kansas City, MO temple was gorgeous!
We finally caught up with Bronson at Adam-ondi-ahman. It was getting dark and we still had to drive home but I still convinced them to let me take a picture.
Ima gonna wager that seeing twins with hiked up tights may just make ANY summer the best one yet.
Bronson played in a Legion baseball league during the summer. Anytime seeing my boys play ball is a GOOD summer night.
Pitcher's arms bend so weird😂
Emerson LOVES driving the riding lawn mower. In fact he comes and asks US if he can mow the grass. (SCORE!) Problem is.....he's not heavy enough. There has to be a certain weight on the seat in order for it to turn on. So bless-this-kid's-heart, but he has to convince a younger sibling to sit WITH him in order for him to mow the grass. Truth be told he could convince his younger siblings to do anything, but still, it makes me laugh seeing two out there mowing the lawn.
My FAVORITE onesies! So it merited a pictures AND they are HOLDING HANDS!!!!
(Wynn on right)
My sweet tender girls. Oh how I love these girls
Our best friends from South Carolina stopped by for a visit and we could NOT be more excited.
Is it JUST me or does Brooks look like a nerd here with his backpack still on? ha!
These two have always been the cutest buddies....
It had been two years but to the kids, it didn't make any difference.
This might come as a REAL shocker, but the twincesses really don't hold still very well in church. When Emerson caught a lizard and "showed" it to Iley (meaning it put it ON her) a magical moment happened. Iley didn't move a muscle. Like at all. Even the food in her hand went uneaten.
That moment got me thinking.....there's GOT to be a way I could bring a lizard to church. I'm thinking it would make things SO much easier for me.
Emerson and Camden DEFINITELY made good use of these bubble-bashing-balls on the trampoline. I was always so amused looking out the kitchen window and seeing this happen on the tramp.
The brakes in the car needed to be changed. Instead of paying our friend to do it for us, we paid our friend to show the boys how to do it. Life skills, right?
I have to be at church a hour early. In the meantime Brooks is in charge of getting everyone ready and to church in time. His first Sunday in charge everyone got to church on time and dressed. But the hair...... the HAIR! I could NOT keep a straight face when they walked into church with their hairdo Brooks has named, "The Triple Threat". #pointsfortrying #Iristookoverdoinghairafterthat
Here's an unknown fact about Brooks.....he's OBSESSED with seeing a tornado. We have lived in tornado-possibility places our whole 17 years of married life and "he keeps missing them!" I know, poor us. Even 14 years ago I was in our apartment's bathtub with a crib mattress over my and my baby Bronson, while Brooks was out trying to find the tornado. He never found it but it DID get a building pretty good about a mile away. (and he was kicking himself he missed it!)
Anyway, last summer there were tornado reports in a county nearby. So not only does he go try to find it, but he loads my van of MY KIDS and tries to find it. I stayed home with the sensible ones....namely Wynn, Iley and Everly.
And what did they have to show for it?!?!?
THIS picture of "cool dark clouds".
I think I should collect gas money from every person in that van!

No comments:
Post a Comment