On our way back to Arkansas we HAD to drive through Huntington to visit my sister one laaaaaaast time. Have I MENTIONED how much I LOVE my sisters?!?!?! Being with them just rejuvinates me in ways that are hard to describe. She makes me so happy. For example, she gives me a late birthday present (3 months late...... we like our birthdays to last), and I'm in LOVE and over the moon excited about a pregnant Barbie doll. WITH AN ACTUAL BABY IN HER BELLY!!!!

She also gave me a TON of fruit leather so that ups the happiness levels exponentially.
Pure cousin joy in a this pink room.
Sarah's neighbor just had a batch of new puppies and kittens and my kids were in HEAVEN. Here are a few pics of the puppies because cats aren't my thing. ha!
Sarah understands how to entertain my family clearly......
on top of that we piled into cars to head over to see a HORSE!
That they each got to ride!!!! (one of those mini-ponies)
The "mini" part fit some kids better than others.
With two parents allergic to horses my kids clearly don't get as much exposure to them....check out Everly's smile.
Is there SERIOUSLY anything more cute than TWO babies on a mini pony?!?!?! AH!
Speaking of the babies....they never wanted for a THING there.
little spoiled things with the cutest bellies......
My sister opened a restaurant almost the YEAR before and I HADN'T EVEN BEEN TO IT!!!! It was killing me, so I FINALLY had my dream come true and got to eat at the amazing Ponderosa Grill.
Not only THAT, but they allowed me to go in the back and watch them cook. I felt like a giddy elementary school kid on a field trip. My sister is so cool......and their fried pickles and sweet potato fries come reeeeeeeally close to her level of coolness. They were that good.
I know it seems like we packed a lot in our little 9 hour time there, but get this....we THEN went to the lake there. Aunt Wa sure knows how to wear my kids out for a driving-through-the-night car trip.
Aleeya forgot her swimsuit. How nice to have a cousin that wears the same size AND looks like you.
My sister had driven all the lake gear and food TO the lake to already be there waiting. She blows my mind. The kids had a blast.
These two are 20 days apart in age. I always love seeing them together, only because I feel a mother sense to both of them having "gone through pregnancy" together with Sarah. :)
The scenery is SO different for my kids to see vs. the greenery of the southeast US. They were in awe our whole time there.
UNFORTUNATELY we had to get on the road. We left around 7 and we (meaning I) drove through the night and got SUPER far.......thanks to my Harry Potter audiobooks, caffeine and Cornuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment