With the end of the school comes all the projects, programs and "lasts" this and that.
Camden worked hard on a project for English on....... um........ okay, I totally can't remember. I think it's ADHD/ADD ? Or Autism? š¬Anyway, he worked hard on it.
They were presenting them in the library at this school and it meant a lot to him that I come and listen to it. So I said okay.
Then he said I HAD to bring the twins. EEK!
It was a casual setting where people just walked around and the students all tried to have "attention-grabbers" to have people come to their station. Camden said the twins were the attention-grabbers.
And it worked.
We also wanted to squeeze in one quick treat for the girls.
Brooks and I took them to see Lion King!
Bronson had his only track meet during the day and I told him I wouldn't miss it for the WORLD!
He told me not to come.
Um.....no. I signed the form, I saw the time, I'm gonna be there even if I have to bring the whole circus!!!!!
He was SUPER excited we came. See?
We were just a cheerin' our hearts out too. I'm sure he wasn't embarrassed at all when I asked him after if he wanted a yogurt drink, Valentine's conversation hearts and to take a picture with him. (he didn't want the hearts)
Sure, he won't smile with me, but put him with his FRIENDS for 8th grade graduation and he's aaaaaaaaaaaall smiles. #knucklehead
I decided to use peer pressure to my advantage and his friends told him to smile in a picture with me. #peerpressureforthewin
I mean really, if I had to sit through ALL those names being called out celebrating something that doesn't need to be celebrated (I mean SHOULDN'T they be EXPECTED to pass through middle school w/o failing?), then I DEFINITELY can expect a picture with him, right?
Baseball season was winding down too with only a few games left.
So tell me, WHAT makes a 12 year old think, "I'm going to be the only person to ruin this baseball team picture and no one will know until it gets developed."?!?!?!
Right before school ended I also got to cash in on my Mother's Day gift from Brooks.....a hotel night away BY MYSELF!!!!!!
I show up to the hotel and they said they had a cancellation and wanted to know if I wanted the Hot Tub Suite instead.
UM YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!
The room was bigger than my kitchen, living room and tv room combined at home. haha
I sat and watched Foot Network from the hot tub. Slept in the next morning, ate someone else's food and felt like a bazillion bucks!
The first day of summer there was construction on the road next to us and the construction crew used the curb in front of our house as their gravel pile. Which meant, we had a new bike ramp......
And a miniature golf course and a sledding hill and a sand box and a javelin stick-throwing area and a treasure dig-zone......
and a MUD pile when it rains.
For the first time ever, I was disappointed when the construction was finished two weeks later.













No comments:
Post a Comment