Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The TWINS TURN 1

My heart and my thoughts were so tender on the twins' birthday (May 23rd).
Just thinking back to the day they were born I felt ALL the feels:

Probably the most magically, powerful and tender day I've ever had. My mind couldn't help but look at the clock and remember exactly what was going on at that time.

BUT of course these two don't care. In fact they don't even KNOW it's their birthday.


Which is WHY I wasn't going to go all out and buy crazy presents for them. I decided to get exactly what they wanted....... PHONES! (and "clickers"/remotes)


I asked a few friends if they had old remotes/phones hanging around that they don't need/use anymore and man, oh man, did they come through! Who knew people still had flip phones?!?! 
#jackpot

I don't even allow Bronson's phone in his room with him, but these TWINS?..... well, they get to NAP with their's!!!!
(Iley)
And eat with them!!!!

Speaking of eating...... well, I kinda forgot to plan for a cake! WHO FORGETS THAT ON A FIRST BIRTHDAY??!!? 
However, I had a new recipe I was going to try anyway for a cherry cheesecake, so that's what they got!

Wynn liked her's just fine. #herface 💓
Iley tried the cheesecake part and liked that, but then got a cherry on top....
She wasn't quiiiiiiiite sure what she thought about it.

Then she made up her mind. Definitely not a fan of cherries. Which is the VERY first thing I've EVER seen her NOT eat.
Meanwhile Wynn finished her's.

And enjoyed watching Iley complain. It was like a dinner-and-a-show deal for her.

It was funny for us to watch. Typically if someone is whining it's Wynn. To see the roles reversed all for cherries was pretty entertaining.


Here are their birthday dresses I HAD to buy (like two months ago since I ordered them off ebay from China. haha)

I tried to get them all cute walking together before church but it LITERALLY is like herding cats. Two cats that see mice in TWO different directions.

This is the best I got. haha. I still love these little poof-balls anyway.
They really are my sunshines. I still try to carry them both while I can since I know the time will come when they will just be too big!

A few funny things about these "baby-ladies". 
They LOVE Legos. Always have.
You see, they share a room with Royce and have watched him build stuff their whole lives. They don't even try to suck/eat them. It's like they try to build stuff but are really just moving around pieces. Twenty minutes later they might come out. :) 

That's a perk of being a twin I guess. It feels like you are never left alone so you are more content to sit longer.

They LOVE people! They will go to anyone. Even the guys at the car shop while we're waiting for it to be done.


Iley was whispering, "don't over charge us, don't over charge us". And it worked.

They also LOVE LOVE water.

This has been going on for MONTHS but whenever they see a puddle or any water on any surface they start sucking it. Like at the park here.
I HAD their water bottle and kept squirting it in their mouths to prevent this. I promise you they weren't thirst, they just BOTH drink off anything and it's so bad. I can't stop both of them either! When I grab one, I hear slurping from the other!

Even in a muddy puddle at a baseball game!!!!!! AH!
While I took that picture to send to Brooks, Wynn started doing the same thing in another puddle behind me!


BUT....with as much as they love water, splashing, etc. They were NOT fans of the neck float.
And LEEEEEEEEEET me hear it.


I also have to monitor the front door like crazy. Wynn and Iley have a magnetic pull to the road. They are just so cute wandering outside together.

Another funny pic. We were dog-sitting and I kept having to hide the dog's bone from Wynn because she LOVED it.

One of the BEST times of my day is when I sneak in at night and look at my angels sleeping. For naptime I put them in separate beds, but at night I've been letting them have a sleepover. I pathetically took a picture almost every night, but here are a few of my favorites....... because I think this sight will always give me warm fuzzies.




They were always touching each other somehow. 😍

Little tangled legs....

Wynn sucks her thumb and Iley sucks her two fingers. 

AHHHHHHHH! It's like my favorite view ever!
diaper bums

And the night Wynn learned how to take OFF her diaper. (or maybe Iley took it off for her?) To say I was shocked when I walked in and saw a naked bum was an understatement. hahaha

Playing footsies.

RUFFLE SLEEPING?!?!?!!? #viewofheaven

I LOVE these sweet 1-year old angel babies. 
What a FANTASTIC, busy, crazy, heart-melting and tender year with these girls.
Man, I'm so grateful for them.




No comments: