The Monday after Valentine's Day was President's Day and for the first time in......I don't even remember, but a LONG time.......the kids got President's Day off of school.
That night a snow front was supposed to be coming through.
I needed to go grocery shopping for the weekly menu anyway so I ventured out that Monday. WHAT A PACKED STORE!!!!! HOLY COW! Everyone was acting like we were going to be snowed in for 3 weeks. I just got my usual grocery trip worth of groceries (read: a WHOLE cart full) and went to check out.
A lady looked at my cart and said, "Stocking up for the storm huh?"
"No, just a regular feeding-my-family shopping trip".
I left her looking rather confused.
Anyway, it started snow-raining after dark. The kids were SO excited to go out into it.......in shorts?
It was cold pretty fast and the roads were slippery enough to slide around on and the kids had a blast.
The boys actually stayed outside until 10:30pm maybe? I don't know, Brooks and I went to bed. ;) They were working on a hockey rink though with the hose and bricks and mud.

Kellyn, not wanting to be left out ventured outside as well dressed in the outfit she insisted on wearing. My personal favorite part is the one croc and the Cinderella glass slipper.
And, as expected, she didn't last very long.
Tuesday school was cancelled. No surprise there.
Here is Royce and Aleeya trying out the hockey rink that apparently wasn't as good as last year's.
You would THINK the hockey rink would've ROCKED because we had a TON of ice. I mean, that's basically what the storm WAS!
But there was still enough snow to get dad with snowballs when he got home.
From Saturday morning through all the snow days there was a LOT of sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags.
And I pretty much mean my stairs have been ridden down at least over a thousand times.
We are talking hours......
The girls got jump ropes for Valentine's Day so there was a lot of practicing of that. I pretty much have heard every lame jump rope recess song on the face of the planet now. There was ONE proud-mom moment with one of them though. Aleeya sang this,
"Ice cream, Ice Cream with a cherry on top,
How many boyfriends do I.......have?"
CLEARLY the word "got" was supposed to go there, but we've been working on her using it correctly. haha
Royce, the kid that picks up EVERYTHING fast would keep trying to sneak away the jump ropes so he could figure out how to do it. He actually got two in a row which was better then Iris could do that first day. He puts a LOT of work into it though, here's a video (with a special surprise at the end for you) of him with the jumprope......
Oh, and then there was that one night when after a day of winter/wet things everywhere and the house pretty much trashed that Brooks got a call from a news station and wanted to interview a doctor (about the flu) at our house.....in a 1/2 hour. That was fun.
After he told me it kinda went like this, "Okay troops. Here we go. Emerson- clear the table. Bronson-clean the living room. Camden-you have the tv too. Aleena-Sweep the dining room. Iris- entertain Everly in your room. Royce and Kellyn- time for bed."
I while I mopped the floors in the rooms they would see I could hear the boys plotting outside to ambush the news crew with snowballs when they arrived.
Thank goodness for my mom-radar-like ears.
The news crew was grateful I foiled that plan.....obviously.
Oh, and in all the days (they are running together, were there 3 days cancelled and President's Day? I can't remember. But the the day(s) they DID go to school there was a 2 hour delay. School from 10-2-ish? Not to shabby.), there was a LOT of this in front of the TV.
I can just SEE their brain cells dying in this picture.
One snow day it was time to get some energy out, so I was grateful when a friend said to meet up at Gravitopia to jump their energy out.
It made everyone so happy.
Except when Kellyn got scared on the balance beam (1 foot from the beginning).....
Aaaaaaand when you get beaned by a dodge ball.........
but besides THAT, it was just what the doctor (and this mother) ordered.
(Oh and school was cancelled Tuesday of this week too with a large storm coming in tonight, school is cancelled for Thursday and my BEST guess would be for Friday as well. If not, there will be a 2-hour delay for sure. Here we go again.....)















3 comments:
My mom saw Brooks on the news and texted me, but I missed it. :)
I love cute Kellyn's outfit for the snow, especially the one princess slipper and one croc! I bet your kids are loving all these snow days. Even with living in MN,I never had a snow day! Do they have to make up all their snow days in the summer? That would be a big bummer to go later into the summer!!
Oh no! Do you have to make up all those days this summer?? That would make me so mad. We used to slide down the stairs in sleeping bags all the time when I was little.
Post a Comment