Watching three of my boys play basketball is pretty entertaining to me. I really enjoy it actually, which is why the YMCA is a perfect league for my family because
1)they have childcare for some of the younger kids since we are members there, and
2) they always start their games with a prayer. It's so cute.
Emerson is in the front right.....the scrawny white kid with the curved back like his dad.
Apparently in the 10-11 year old league they are too cool to hold hands for prayer?
(Bronson top right, and Camden is the hidden blonde head at about 9 o'clock)
Camden and Bronson play on the same team and I love how Bronson will always find Camden to pass the ball to. Camden is really the man when it comes to defense. He has NO fear no matter HOW big the kid he is defending....I promise you, he will be UP IN THEIR FACE and making bathroom noises with his mouth when they shoot to throw them off.
My boys usually play defense on the same side as well, so I like seeing those two work together to trap a guy on the sideline. They have a LOT of practice of doing that around the house here....
(Camden on the right)
And if you EVER need to find Bronson on the court, you just need to look for bright socks and shoes (that he bought) aaaaaaaaand BOOM! you found him.
When they have afternoon games the childcare is closed so we have Royce and Kellyn with us then We like to call them our "liabilities".......because Royce likes to sneak off and pull the fire alarm (true story....thankfully it was when Brooks was alone at a game with him).
And Kellyn likes to sneak around and grab everyone's phones.....
Like I said, I feel better when those two are in the toy room playing so I can watch the game.
Here is Brooks at halftime giving Bronson the pointers that he apparently NEEDS to have and could NOT wait until the end of the game.
Which now that Bronson is 12 he plays in the Young Men's basketball at our church now. Brooks is the coach for our ward/congregation and can give Bronson all the pointers he needs now during the game. Bronson is by far the youngest out there, but still one of the better ones. (Yep, I did, I JUST because THAT mom sitting here bragging on him.....I need to stop.)
I added this picture because you can see how little he is poking out around the blue guy in front.
And then there's Emerson......
This kid is a CRACK UP!
After the first practice he told me their team name is the Minotaurs.
Okay, I thought, never heard THAT!
Then he explained that the coach and the rest of the team decided on "The Bulls" but Emerson told them that they are NOT animals and that they should be the Minotaurs so they can be half bull and half human. Anyway, Minotaurs it is because he can convince anyone to do anything.
He was the teeniest guy out there and STILL he was the one bossing everyone around the court. He told me he was their team captain because they all listen to him. (Yes, the loudest kid usually DOES get listened to.)
Here he is, with his coach in the background with an empty bench.
They had 5 kids on their team so they played the whole game every time.
But the other moms when they found out he was my child would say, "Oh he's yours. Now THAT kid has a lot of heart." He really did. He put his whole self into to bossing everyone around.
He must get THAT from his dad....
(Here is Brooks in his game. He played for 1st Presbyterian Church here in a church league. I LOOOOOVE watching that ol' man play)
But back to Emerson......did I mention he puts everything he has into his games?
Well, he does.....even into his shots.
I would say it's sad to see basketball season over with, but basketball season is ALWAYS here in this house in our driveway after school. :)









1 comment:
I love that the South isn't afraid to pray and have religion, what a great thing for you to have the kids raised in that type of environment! Kellyn looks so darling with that innocent look on her face and playing with that guy's phone...her and Elle would be double trouble in that department! And great action shot of Emerson throwing the ball!!
Post a Comment