But Brooks and I (ESPECIALLY Brooks) are also objective/realists about our children. For example, ALL our girl babies look like boys. You take their bows and pink away and they could definitely pass as little boy babies. It's so funny. (Then again, the old ladies at Walmart STILL get genders wrong whether they are painted pink with 20 bows on them or not!)
This picture REALLY got me because she was playing with an Iron man notebook!
And there are SOME things Little Ev has a growing-boy's-appetite for..... like when you peel a whole orange and hand it to her, it will be gone in a few minutes. The WHOLE thing.
Kellyn is kinda full of personality if you haven't noticed....
But Kellyn has decided over the past two months to take out her morning nap. Now she's just down to one nap (around noon when Royce and Everly go down too). The problem with THAT is I used to take my shower during her and Everly's morning nap!!!
So lately I've had a few visitors in my bathroom with me when I step out of the shower.
As you can imagine that got old, so after putting Everly down for morning naps a few days ago, I took matters into my own hands to make sure my bathroom didn't turn into a toddler visitor center.
I turned on a show and buckled Kellyn in a carseat watching it. #motheroftheyear
She thought she was SO special sitting up in that throne.
It was beautiful.
Oh, and because I want to remember our most fun date ever, I'll include the only two pictures I have from it. Here we are at a "Mascarade Ball"
I realize they aren't really "masks" but we didn't know what to expect (there were people dressed like Phantom of the Opera there!!), so we went for the Throw-on-the-obnoxious-Pepto-Bismal-colored-dress and put-something-ridiculous-from-the-dollar-store-over-our-eyes look.
I think we pulled it off perfectly.
Turns out everyone was basically dressed in black there, soon, weeeeeeee, kinda stuck out. Which made the dancing all the more fun.
We danced our hearts out. Swing dancing, line dancing, slow-dancing, cha-cha-ing, waltzing and ridiculous farm-yard dancing. We never sat down to eat, it was just too much fun. This is SOOOO not my husband's thing naturally, so it made it all the more memorable.
Sometimes it's fun to let loose like you're at a college sock hop again. And that's exactly what we did.











1 comment:
Kellyn does look so proud and pleased to be in the throne!!! Hahaha! That is awesome. Her smile is so bright. Your kids have the best smiles! They hair radiate happiness.
Post a Comment