Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Big 12

12 years ago my husband was in Eastern KY playing a basketball game while I was in Tennessee in labor with our firstborn. 
Thankfully he made it in time for the actual birth but AFTER I got the epidural (hence his comment, "Childbirth isn't so bad."......he has learned a lot since then. Trust me)
And yes, I COMPLETELY agree with your thought that the above picture should be nominated for the all-time WORST family picture ever. We all look awful....(ALL THREE OF US)..but it was part of that memory

Anyway, Bronson, from the beginning has ALWAYS been a Daddy's boy
And STILL is!!!! 
He is STILL the child that asks more then anyone (actually tied with Royce now) when Daddy is going to get home.

Whether I'm in denial about having a 12 year old or not, the fact is, it's here and I like the kid that has been through 12 years of my mother-schooling. He's been so patient with me.

Bronson invited three friends over for chicken wings, pizza and cake.



Then we piled in the Yeti to go to Gravitopia!!!!



(For $35 our WHOLE family can get in for their Monday Night Family Night Special!!! Seriously, who can't pass THAT up? It is also the most favorite indoor place of my whole entire family because everyone has a blast.....even this little one....he can't hold still)

I took a ton of pictures of all the kids again, but since this is Bronson's post, I guess I will just post some of my favorites of him...
Dodgeball


And the trapeze......

My family has a love/hate relationship with that trapeze....... Bronson kept trying and TRYING to touch that ball at the end...... (2 seconds of him trying)


Bronson tried so many times he literally couldn't move his arms for the next 3 days.
What's funny is that Brooks tried it right when we got there and ACCORDING TO HIM, he touched the ball. I didn't believe it, so I went over there to film him doing it to prove it. Here is what occurs...... (if I ever need a mood booster, I watch this)

Like I said, he ASSURES me he touched it before. Yea.....OKAAAAAAY.
Both he and Bronson spent the majority of their time there......like I said, Daddy's-boy.

Then we came back to open just family presents with the birthday boy.
He got his junk box and a UNC hoodie/socks and then Brooks got something special for him just for his 12th birthday...... (but before I tell you what it was, notice the wrapping paper Brooks used.....he used Little Mermaid and Hello Kitty because he thinks he's so funny)
There is Bronson opening a picture of the new hiking/camping backpack Brooks got him, along with a REEEEALLY nice sleeping bag, one-man tent, camping utensils, lantern, mess kit, pocketknife......the works. Now that he is in the Young Men's program at our church they do a LOT of camping/hiking (as in every other weekend in the Spring/early summer). He is SO excited.......and lucky Brooks gets to tag along, so he got himself the same supplies.
I never thought I would see my camping-hating husband do this........

then again, we do a LOT of things for our children we never thought we would do.
Thankfully this good kid is worth it.




4 comments:

AnnMarie said...

I cannot believe that he's 12. I'm still in denial -- I remember when you were pregnant with him, and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. But he's such a handsome little man! Happiest of birthdays to him. ^_^

Miles said...

What a handsome stud he will be passing the sacrament! Wow, Young Men's already. Happy Birthday, B!!

hughesfamily said...

What a great kid!! This looks like a really special birthday celebration all around.

ALso, the pic of Baby Bronson with Brooks is so perfect I had to look at it for a full minute. Just so much happiness.

Linsey said...

Brons and I always say how we hope our boys, if we have any, are as good of kids as Papi!! He really is a special kid, just good and sweet! Happy birthday Papi, we love you!!