Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Last of 2014

I guess here is a random dump of pictures from the last week in 2014.
Having the kids home there was CLEARLY a few beggings to watch some Three Stooges or one of the Home Alone movies (they have all four!)
And yes.....the couch in the back IS one of my two new couches. Thank you very much. 

Park outing with doughnuts!

The weather was actually really nice.
Well, nice enough for Royce to be wearing his SEE-THROUGH Spiderman outfit and not get cold.
(I TOTALLY forgot they were see-through until we got there in the sunlight!!! Great. Even BETTER is that he wasn't wearing undies. Whatever.)

New Year's Eve day I saw online that there was a drive-in theater a hour away and they were having a triple feature that night. Night in the Museum 3, Big Hero 6 and Annie.....all for $4 per child ($8 for me). I just haaaaaaaad to go. I wanted to see Night in the Museum so bad anyway and we don't have any discount theaters around here. It's $10 a person here or just wait until they come out on Redbox. Which is what we always do. My point is, it was WORTH the drive.

I took the older four kids with me. Here we are ready for the first one to start!

It was pretty chilly after dark (in the 30s) and we didn't really prepare too well, so we all ended up in the front seat for the first movie.


We had someone else's suburban for the trip since the Youth in our church were using the Yeti for a Youth trek trip. It was nice sitting on CLOTH seats instead of cold leather in the Yeti.

By the second movie we turned around the Surburban and watched it out the back doors. We opened them and let in all the cold air as we watched it.......which made us all freezing and basically sitting on TOP of each other. Hey, any excuse to make my older kids snuggle with me, I will take.
We didn't stay for the movie Annie, but we LOVED the first two. Like a lot. It was probably one of the most enjoyable nights for me as a parent. In fact, that's what made it so wonderful....I wasn't playing the parent role. I never had to play sergeant or referee or mother-hen-gathering-chicks.....you get the idea. 
And the ride home was just as enjoyable. I had some great talks with Camden and Bronson (Emerson and Aleeya fell asleep pretty quick) while we watched random fireworks going off along the drive.


We got home around 11:30. Of course Brooks and the younger 4 were asleep! Emerson, Aleeya and Camden went right to bed but Bronson said, "Come on Mom, we are sooooo close to midnight. Let's just stay up." So we did. We made it to 12:00!

HAPPPY 2015!!!!
Can't WAIT to see what it has in store for my family!!!!!

2 comments:

Babelicious said...

Fun!! I think the drive to or from an outing is the best!! I love just talking with the kids without any distractions. When I was laid up this summer I missed driving the kids around the most!! Happy New Year!

Linsey said...

I'm finally catching up on the blogs... It looks like Christmas and New Years was a huge success! I love the Kellyn got a little kitchen. Her and Elle would have such a blast together, cooking away! However, Royce stole the show with his excitement over those Spiderman outfits! See through or not, he looks so happy ;) I love drive-in movies and can't think of a more fun way to spend New Years with those cute kids!!