Summer is full of entertainment.....and sometimes I'm the kind of mom that will say things like, "You're bored? Okay, go out and make something"
and we get a swing from a tree.....
Or a ramp that the boys made to ride their bikes off of. Here is Bronson's ramp ride as an example
Then there are other times when sitting down and letting our brains die in front of a tv at night sounds like the best kind of entertainment to me (much to Brooks' chagrin).......for example American Ninja Warrior. Yes, we're obsessed.
And the boys especially LOVE the 3 Stooges.
There is not a sound I like more then the laughter of my kids (followed quickly behind by the silence of their sleeping). I think Bronson laughs the loudest during the 3 Stooges movies we've rented from the library. We can't get enough of it.
This episode is actually their favorite one if you have 11 minutes to kill.
Three Stooges, "A Plumbing We Will Go"
The other series is "Avatar: The Last Airbender". This was one of those things I got for the kids to watch so I could get things done and then I watched ONE episode and I was hooked. Like, I would get mad if they watched an episode without me kind of hooked. We're talking 13 DVDs WORTH PEOPLE!!!!! (65 episodes!!!!)
And then we get watching one and HAVE to watch the next....which leaves us hanging so we HAVE to watch the next and so on until it's 1:00 a.m.
Anyway, when we finished I felt a sense of loss and also relief that we could have our lives back.
That is until my sister introduced me to this.......... sheesh, THANKS Jess. (love me some Old English films)
I only have one more season to watch.....then I can have closure and not go to bed so late.
It's probably unhealthy for me to EVER get involved in series I think..........



5 comments:
The sentence about feeling loss and relief when the series finally ended? I love that. It's so true in my life with books and TV shows!
I love your kids' creativity and I feel so much better when I read about them watching tv!
This Lark Rise series looks right up my alley....love that it's free on Amazon. Excited to start it!
The next series of Avatar is in it's 3rd season, it's called Legend of Korra, We love Avatar The Last Airbender in our house too!!!
I feel the same way when I finish a series. Have you watched "Call The Midwife" yet?
Your life. So amazing.
Post a Comment