Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Program

The Primary Children in the church were putting on a program at the Christmas party.
I am over teaching the children songs at the church, so we have definitely been working hard on it. I found out THAT day that we were supposed to bring a side and a dessert too......and then Aleeya and Emerson got invited over to a friends' house that I had to drive them to. 
Needless to say, by the time the party started I didn't even have a COSTUME or outfit ready for anyone!!!! So I threw some sheets/towels, fabric and sting in a box and crossed my fingers.

Here is sweet Kellyn Pat before we left.

Emerson and these two friends of him were asked to be the 
3 WiseGuys.......Wisemen.
Here's hoping that when in costume they might act a little more calm.....
 When the kids received their parts a few weeks back they were anxious to see what they were.
Emerson- Wiseman
Iris- Sheep
Aleeya- one of the narrators
Bronson- Samuel the Lamanite
and then there's Camden........
He asked what he was (hoping against EVERYTHING that he WASN'T Joseph) and I looked on the paper and just smiled. He was going to be so happy.
Camden- The STAR!!!!!
(meaning he didn't have to memorize ANY parts and he could stand by himself. PERFECT!)


Iris (the sheep) had to be corralled a little because she kept wandering off. So one of the leaders had her in the death grip most of the program. 
She. was. thrilled. obviously. 

Mmmm-hmmm. Just as I thought. 
 And yes, I REALIZE that looks like some growth on the top of his head in my attempt to make a turban. But the only turban I know how to make is the kind I make with my towel when my hair is wet!

He calls himself, "THE STAR OF THE SHOW!!!!"

Samuel the Lamanite.........
because didn't he wear bright orange shoes with knee high orange socks?!?!? Pretty sure that's mentioned SOMEWHERE in the scriptures anyway.
And there's my little narrator poking her head out from behind him......wrapped in one of Kellyn's blankets.

But besides the wandering sheep and the goofy wiseman, they all did great with their parts and their singing was awesome. Phew, I'm just glad it's over.

No comments: