Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Man's Way

I wanted my hair trimmed and just needed a straight-lined cut on the bottom of my hair.
Brooks has done it before and done fine.
But THIS time it made me laugh because he wanted it JUUUUUUUUST right.....

I'm sitting there holding still, not wanting to move for obvious reasons. Next thing I feel is a bar going across my back!!!! I still held still. After he was done cutting I turned around and found him holding his leveler!!!
You know, to hang things on the wall straight and stuff?!? I laughed pretty hard....but it actually did a really (almost TOO straight) line.

My boys asked if I could get 2 pigtails into Kellyn's hair for church.....so I tried.
 Gosh, she just looked so cute.
 Of course, by the time we got there she had wings hanging out the back, but it was still precious. Sooooo, I guess we're not pigtail ready yet.

Pregnancy update:
We have ZERO girl names. Like zero.
This past week we've (Brooks) been calling her "Plexy" though. 
(No, that is NOT a serious name in the running!)
In her ultrasound there was a "choroid plexus cyst" on her brain. Apparently it happens in 1-3% 2nd trimester ultrasounds and usually go away at about 28 weeks. It's very rare they actually turn into a fetal chromosome abnormality, but still, never had anything "come up" on an ultrasound before.
So for now........"Plexy" (hopefully NOT to be Plexy by 28 weeks), it is.

3 comments:

Miles said...

You are so tiny. Im not pregnant and im still bigger than you are. Praying that plexy wont be plexy next month. I think that kind of news would have me worried yet you guys take everything so calmly. Another reason why i love you guys!

Linsey said...

I LOVE the pigtails! They are so cute!! Elle has recently decided she doesn't like to sit still long enough for me to do her hair...Kellyn's looked perfect, like she sat so nicely while you put them in :)

Robyn said...

Tyler also had one of those at his 20 week ultra sound. It kind of puts you a bit on edge not KNOWING either way. They actually didn't even have me get a second ultra sound because everything else looked normal and it's a pretty small association with chromosome abnormalities, especially when everything thing else looks normal. Hope everything goes well!