Monday, September 24, 2012

What I do

 I just love when you go through your child's homework and find out revealing things about YOURSELF!!!!

Camden was asked to draw a Venn diagram about his parents. He's always been a man of few words and to the point:
So APPARENTLY what I do is "watch, cook and talk".
Watch WHAT is what I want to know (keep in mind we don't have TV)....so I'm assuming he thinks I just sit back and watch the kids each day? Or sit back and watch the house get destroyed? or just WATCH the laundry clean itself? hmmmm, not sure, but I still thought it was funny.

38 weeks today.
Rocket has NOTICEABLY dropped. Here I am showing you where her little bum is. She's head down, so that is the VERY top of the baby in my belly.

It's like in the MIDDLE of my prego belly, so the top is just useless space I guess right now.:)
I also read in an email that at this point in my pregnancy I should get a "sudden burst of energy and start nesting". Wow, this was CLEARLY either written by a man or someone that has had one child.....because the energy spurts come after a jellybean bag raid and the only nesting going on is making sure my "nest" is properly built in my bed before I lie down at night!!!
(Brooks will be so glad to be rid of all the extra pillows in our bed I'm sure.)

But I actually feel fine and even BETTER since she's dropped. My back doesn't bother me at all and she must have gotten bored with hanging out on my sciatic nerve. I DO make more trips to the lu and wake up more at night though, but I don't feel sleepy because of it during the day.......but I know FULL well, those sleeping feelings will come soon enough.
Soon enough.


4 comments:

McKenna said...

Hey, at least he didn't say, "Cook Watch and Gestate Babies" :) I looked at Grace's homework the other day and she had filled out information about her family and listed my age as 23, which, as flattering as that is...I'm sure her teacher was like, "So you're seven, which means your mom must have been pregnant with you at...16!!!" We had a serious talk with Grace about Mom's age.

Miles said...

You look amazing!! I can't wait to "meet" Rocket!! Thanks for the chuckle, Camden!

Page said...

Can't wait to see the newest Smith baby and hear YOUR birth story! And yes, I am just waiting for mastitis to show up this time...

hughesfamily said...

I keep stalking your blog and FB to make sure I don't miss the news of her arrival! You look awesome! Keep eating the jellybeans! :)