And by "WE" I mean Iris and me.

What's that you ask? Why the WHOLE drink carrier full of frosties? You think we like them that much? Well, yes, we do, but normally Iris and I don't order that many for our little date.
You see, the past few days Brooks and I have noticed a decline in gratitude from the kids. Even yesterday when I made a huge batch of cinnamon rolls and they all devoured them....WITHOUT SAYING THANK YOU! So Brooks said, "Okay, I don't care HOW much you like something, you say thank you. So next time you don't say thank you, we'll take it back."
Lo, and behold after Bronson's basketball game, (THAT SAME DAY!!!!!) we went to go get us some free frosties and Brooks gave me the look like "Okay, here we go......."
I passed out all the frosties, spoons, napkins, etc. We drove a few blocks and I'll be darned if not ONE of my children said thank you......or GRACIAS for that matter. So Brooks pulled over, I grabbed them all back, and the rest of the ride home there was MUCH wailing and gnashing of teeth........to say the least.
However, it wasn't ALL a loss............because Iris and I sure enjoyed yourselves.
7 comments:
Love it! It's hard to do that sometimes...but sometimes a hard lesson needs to be had! Last Sunday all of the kids were not so reverent and were not listening either. Sunday night when it was dessert time we told them all to go sit down at the table: time for cake! Well, Lee and I each ate a piece in front of all of them. Sorry to say, I was chuckling because they were ALL crying. Hopefully the lesson stuck a little!
I think I missed your camera more than you! Glad to see your blog updated. Ah, gratitude.. A hard lesson to learn especially when it involves a frosty!
Such cute pictures! I love your blog header. What a cute idea. :)
LOVE!!!!! THis is one of my favorite posts! I love you and Iris on your date. :)
Good idea, too!
AMEN. (And nice for you & Iris!!!) Grace has been a little demanding about her life lately, so we've been giving her options (aren't we sweet?!) so she can make her own choices, such as last night at 6:30, "Okay well you can eat your burrito or you can go to bed right now with no story." Sometimes I almost wish she would choose go to bed early... ;)
My mom and I only eat frosties when we dip our fries in them. It is sooooooooooooo good! It's the only way we know how to eat it and it is delicious!!!
I love this post. It made me laugh. Wish I could have all those frosties to myself, those things are so good!
Post a Comment