Monday, January 16, 2012

He's 9!!!!!

My eldest and most awesome Smith seed turns 9 this week. Brooks has an interview on his actual birthday and we would be out of town. Bronson was starting to think I was NOT going to celebrate his b-day, and the fact that I hadn't made a pinata and asked who he wanted at a party probably confirmed that. So as you can imagine, he was SURPRISED when he came home this morning and found a room w/ his family, balloons, 3 friends, cake/presents waiting for him. I wish I caught that moment on camera.


But before anything he just wanted to go in the driveway and play basketball with his buddies.














I finally had to to call them in to eat cake......they were having just too much fun. Check out the PURE joy on Bronson's face.














And having a basketball cake helped keep that smile there.




















The presents were so fun (check out Camden's face in the bottom picture......he cracks me up!), and Bronson was ESPECIALLY excited over the Human Body kit w/ books and skeleton thing to make. He LOVES learning about the body, so when I saw it at Megathrift this week for 1.99, I HAD to grab it. Talk about the best 2 bucks ever spent!!!











Since I couldn't MAKE a pinata, I knew probably had to go buy one. Then my sweet friend Melissa offered me one they found in her dad's garage. Score.

WAIT. time out........Bronson's gotta wait while we move Royce.....









The candy grab. Gotta love those moments.
















As fun as the pinata was, the boys all thought this was MORE fun.........taking the new football out for a game of 500........w/o the points. Brooks would just throw it and the boys decided they would do whatever it took to get the ball.


















I love all the faces.......














it was pretty intense. Between each throwing, Bronson couldn't wipe the smile off his face.












Boys are awesome.
I've decided parties must get easier when the kids get older. You don't need to plan games, entertainment or anything. All Bronson REALLY wanted to do, is grab his friends, go outside and play some sports.
Love me some Bronson.

4 comments:

McKenna said...

What a cute boy. Sometimes it's so weird for me to see what normal eight and nine-year-old boys like to do. Obviously Adam's birthday parties are different :) On a separate note...you're still looking too young to have kids that old!

Babelicious said...

Happy Birthday Bronson. We did a surprise party for Punky when she turned 9. It was actually a lot easier to throw a party without all the input from the birthday girl. Looks like a fun time!

hughesfamily said...

So much fun!!!

Stephanie said...

I love the pic of you and Bronson, you are just so beautiful. And true, parties do get easier as they get older. They just want to hang out and play their own games. :)