Let me explain, my friend Cathleen has a dog, Madison, that had this big ol' growth (I don't know the details, I choose NOT to ask) on her foot. They wanted it removed and called their vet (who also said it should be removed). It was going to be $1100 smackers. Yikes. They called around more and the cheapest they heard was $700. No one likes forking that out ESPECIALLY around the holidays!!!! Cathleen and her husband have helped us out MULTIPLE times so it was kind of nice to have the roles reversed when they called and asked Brooks to come take it off.
So as soon as we pulled in from Boone, Brooks headed over to Cathleen's.
I had her send me pictures, but she went above and beyond and sent me a video of it.....it only made me whoozy in one part. Pretty good for me.
Here is Brooks pointing out the growth (I wasn't there but on the .....er.....nasty movie.......it looked like the same size as the end of Brooks' finger tip)
The cutting of "THE THING!!!!!!!" (insert spooky nasty music)
And the sewing it up. Madison's face on this picture CRACKS me up. She stayed still the whole time. What a trooper.......then again Jim WAS on top of her..........
Seriously, I'm married to a man w/ MANY hidden and useful talents..........who knew that hanging out w/ microscopes, body organs and cadavers would make you so good at performing animal surgeries on dining room tables?!?!? Huh.
The cutting of "THE THING!!!!!!!" (insert spooky nasty music)
And the sewing it up. Madison's face on this picture CRACKS me up. She stayed still the whole time. What a trooper.......then again Jim WAS on top of her..........
Seriously, I'm married to a man w/ MANY hidden and useful talents..........who knew that hanging out w/ microscopes, body organs and cadavers would make you so good at performing animal surgeries on dining room tables?!?!? Huh.
2 comments:
That is so funny...glad Brooks could help out! I don't even know if I could have watched the movie! Ever since Elden was born I get nauseous pretty easily--even at the dinner table when a gross subject is brought up! Looks like you had a fun trip to Boone. Glad the pool was heated...too bad about the cold pool room though! Merry Christmas!
That is handy :) Mike could probably make illegal drugs for people...but I probably wouldn't be able to brag about it :)
Just to be clear...he's never done that!
And your verification word right now is "upsympli" and in my mind, I'm saying it as "You Pee Simply" which is making me giggle. :)
Post a Comment