Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Boone Baby

(Anyone else catch the pun? Have you seen the Emperor's New Groove?.....one of Aleeya's favorite movies. ANYWAY.........)

Brooks does physicals for the state for those trying to qualify for disability every so often. This time was in Boone. Brooks suggested I find a hotel w/ an indoor pool and we make a family trip out of it. So we went down last Friday night and stayed until Saturday afternoon. Short, but really, it's all about the pool, right?

Well, for Royce it's all about the HOPE that someone will leave the toilet seat up. Not this time buddy.
He DID love the swimming though
And so did Iris.....with her DOUBLE floaty action.
Ok, when I saw "indoor heated pool" I assumed I wouldn't be freezing my hiney off. well, I was. The POOL was heated, yes, but the ROOM it was in was FREEEEEZING! So unless you were always under water and moving constantly, it wasn't too fun.
Here is proof I actually got IN the water, but it didn't last too long. No one else seemed to have a problem w/ the pool except us 2 party poopers.......and our 4 towels since they're like the size of a washcloth!
So while I sat by the side of the pool, it turned into a PERFECT opportunity for the kids to play, "Take a picture of THIS, Mommy". So here you go.

This just happens to be my favorite picture. Check out his look, the goggles pushing his ears down and his loose shorts. My skinny little Camden sure can crack me up sometimes.


This picture may not seem TOO exciting but I would like you to take a REALLY close look at his new swimsuit.....(you'll recognize it later, trust me)
Aaaaaaand, JUST when I turn my head, Emerson decides to make his brothers laugh by doing this (here's Aleeya tattling on him......you know, the little sister's job)
Anything for a laugh. We were the only ones in the pool, but it makes me wonder if he wouldn't tried skinny dipping if others were there.......you never know w/ him when there is a laugh on the line.

Iris' and Royce's favorite part of the hotel......my 2 babies.
The kids LOVED the fact that there was snow there in Boone. We haven't had any yet where we live, so they were pretty excited (seriously, sometimes I think they are NOT my children!).
CLEARLY we are not used to having snow around w/ bare feet and basketball shorts. :)

4 comments:

hughesfamily said...

Can I please be your kid? Please?

Miles said...

What a fun little get-away! I was looking at these and D came up and said, "Is that our family?" I wish!

Emma and Dan said...

I love the life savers tree ornament idea. I see a fun family home evening activity in our future! Thanks for telling me exactly how to do it. If I had tried to figure it out on my own, we would have burnt life savers with no hole in the top.

Miss you and those dang, cute kids! Although - those pictures of Iris with her bicho...I could have done without those. :)

Suzanne said...

I hate COLD indoor pools/rooms, too! :(