Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

I was talking to one of my favorite sisters this week and just asked about her plans for New Year's Eve. She laughed and said, "Going to bed EARLY and curling up w/ a book." I laughed too because that's COMPLETELY against what we did growing up with the whole:

-toast w/ cranberry juice and toothpaste at midnight (yes you read that right.....not sure why we always ate a glob of toothpaste before swallowing. Maybe all my "odd-ness" can be attributed to that one tradition. Hmmm)
-shooting of the cannon outside and waking up all those people, who like my sister, WANTED to go to bed early.
-probably blowing those little horns and making a mess.

I think I can count ONE time in the past 11 years that I actually stayed up until midnight and that was because I was at a party. The other times I think I just went to bed. I'm a party animal like that.

Then I thought, no, that's actually pretty SMART considering how much I like sleep, and how it is DIRECTLY related to how nice of a mom I am in the morning. ;) Plus if I KEPT the kids up until midnight they don't sleep in!!! They STILL will get up at 6:30, so they have less sleep and THEY are grouchy too. (not to mention for church tomorrow) I think of all the people that wake up in a daze, so sleepy, worn out and with a possible hangover on the FIRST DAY OF THE YEAR! Don't you think that's kind of an odd way to start off a whole year?!?!?

So, I'm starting the year off like how I like..........probably go to bed around 10 tonight after an awesome bath and some laughs w/ my better half. Then wake up refreshed, happy and ready to start the year on the BEST day of the year......the Sabbath, at church.

Call me a party pooper, but that sounds like MY (and my sister's) kind of New Year's Eve!!!!



1 comment:

Nyberg Family said...

So glad we aren't the only ones tonight doing that! :)