Monday, October 10, 2011

Penny Campaign

The boys' school are collecting change to go towards some cancer foundation or something like that. Well, they came home w/ these cute little boxes and REEEEEEEEEALLY wanted to go ask the neighbors for their pennies. I had a hard time saying no.....especially because THIS time they're actually going to ask, rather then rummage through their recycling bins looking for cans like they did last time.
I didn't want our family name embarrassed so I asked what they would be saying at the doorstep. Bronson said, "May you please give me some change to go help kids with cancer?" Okay. I guess. Then I asked Emerson (because Camden was NOT going) and he said, "Can you give me some money?"
No, no, no, no. I went over w/ Emerson the polite way to say it over and over again. Then I told him to practice ONE more time before they walked out the door and he said,
"Can you please give me cancer?"
Perfect......he might actually end up with MORE money then Bronson!!!

No comments: