
The secret? Well, don't tell anyone, but you actually just follow the recipe, and do exactly what it says. Tricky huh. ;)
My darn camera battery ran out as we were walking out the door to the best 4th of July party. We did, however snap a picture of us before we left (new header) but we couldn't do it outside because it was DOWN-POURING!!! Brooks was wise enough NOT to suggest us staying home, because he knew that wasn't an option for me. It ended up being PERFECT. The rain cooled everything down, so when it stopped and the most incredible rainbow (the prettiest I think I've ever seen!) came out, it sure made for a loverly evening.
Aleeya was of course scared of the fireworks (seriously, she is NOT my child) and plugged her ears the whole time. Iris liked them but wouldn't look at them.....but kept asking for more when they stopped, and Royce was mesmerized. We didn't even have to put him to sleep in the port-a-crib in the back of the Yeti (our 15 passenger van) as we had planned!
The whole weekend though (starting Friday), I'm pretty sure I made EVERY red/white/blue treat that I found on random websites as I BLARED the Patriotic CD I had (on "repeat all" 24/7). The 2 pictures are just a few of the things we made. Man, have I EVER mentioned before I LOVE INDEPENDENCE DAY?!?!?!?

(I didn't finish the book "1776" in time yesterday though like I had planned.....maybe too much cooking?.....anyway, hopefully this week sometime.)
7 comments:
Beautiful family!!! I just loved getting to see all of you!!
I'm glad it was fun at the party, and now I'm so sad we didn't go! I didn't know what would be going on since it was raining. I like all your red, white and blue food, so fun!
love the new picture!
Melissa your food looks great! I'm glad you got to enjoy your favorite holiday!
Your jello did look AWESOME and it was SUPER yummy too!!!!
Love the red, white, and blue family picture!
Love it and I love your new family picture! You guys have such a beautiful family!!
Nice Job!!!!!We had a great 4th but I really did miss being there with you all.
Post a Comment