I took the 4 younger kids to meet up with Emerson's preschool class at the Greensboro Nature Center/Museum. This was Iris' first time since she's been old enough to appreciate it....
and BOY did she appreciate this water table. (and can I just say she did NOT get that awesome looking calf muscle from me!)

Aleeya took her shopping trip VERY seriously......now THAT'S definitely from me.

We went outside to the zoo-ish part and this GIANT turkey was blocking the path and might I add, they are VERY scary. NEVER make one mad, because they shake, hiss and start ruffling their feathers. As you can tell, we were all a little scared......and that says a LOT coming from my kids!

Aleeya loved the walabees.

The petting farm part is always a hit. Iris could NOT contain herself and couldn't keep quiet (squealing) to save her LIFE! Then we go see the Tiger and she shut right up. (Maybe I should buy a tiger because then my days would be a LOT more quiet!)

And I think Royce enjoyed the outing too......despite his little fever.

As I was driving to the place I started thinking of the lunch I packed and smiled at the random stuff I collected from around the house. This is how much money I spent on it:
Sobe waters (free from Target)
Yogurt Smoothies (free from Harris Teeter)
Chips (free from CVS)
Apple Dippers from McD's (free with coupons)
PB&J sandwiches (bread- free from the church....and local bakery gives their almost-to-expire bread, Peanut Butter- free w/ an Amazon.com w/ a gift card I won, and raspberry jam)

So the ONLY thing I PAID for in that whole lunch were the raspberries to make the jam. Yep, that's DEFINITELY worth smiling about.
And here's a picture of the little "Mamacita" (Aleeya), she thinks she's a Mommy, so she asks Iris to sit ON her lap and she reads her books......

DESPITE Iris being almost the same size. She's so funny.
2 comments:
That looks like such a fun outing. And I wouldn't mind "paying" for all that stuff either. =)
ra says i have the biggest calfs out of the boys, so i somehow passed that trait to iris
Post a Comment