Ten years ago Melissa took a terrible chance on a young man named Brooks. TEN YEARS AGO!! Well, other than me, what does she have to show for herself? Not much. I'm kidding. Let's see. Fifty four months of pregnancy.That's four and a half years of having a tumor within your uterus. Wow!! One hour of labor. No, not one hour of working, but one hour of actual pushing. That's a long time...I think. At least it seems so. Sixty plus months of nursing. Now, I know that's a long time. Two years or so (the number is foggy as my slumber was rarely interrupted) of getting up at least once during the middle of the night. Around 10000 meals prepared for her family. Man, think what I could have done with all that money. I digress. Those items are just the ones that I can quantify. But, what about all the other "stuff?"
For starters, 99.67% of the last ten years she has done her darnedest to make me happy. For the most part she has succeeded. The only hiccups along the way were those nights when she made me get up and do what I could to get one of the kids to quit crying. No worries. I forgive and forget.
For ten years she has supported and encouraged me to do well in school, church, and in fatherhood (not quite ten years). Ten years and counting she has not muttered one complaining peep about where I have taken her as I've went here and there for school and work. Never before has a wife been more of a support to her husband than Melissa.
For eight and a half of these ten years she has, with grace, been the best darn mom that she could be. Few things rattle her and even fewer things have caused her to lose her marbles. She has, from the beginning, taken these loaned out spirits and has cared for them as only a true mother can. She has unselfishly dedicated her life to see that these children of hers become good and righteous sons and daughters of God. Though this world will one day be her inheritance, she has, for now, chosen to live, teach and be in a home not much bigger than 1500 square feet. WHy? Because she understands that the farthest reaching influence for good begins within the walls of this small home.
Because of her example, one day her kids will feel to cry aloud, "How I love and cherish true motherhood! Nothing beneath the celestial kingdom can surpass my deathless love for the sweet, true, noble, soul who gave me birth—my own, own, mother! O she was good! She was true! She was pure! She was indeed a Saint! A royal daughter of God!"
Finally, may I say to you Melissa, how much I love you! How grateful I am that you weren't quite as smart ten years ago when you were fooled just enough to sit across the altar from me. That could have been one of the greatest heist of all time. Some would actually really believe that. I happen to be one of them
Happy Anniversary to ME!!!
7 comments:
Aww Very sweet dedication to your good wife!! Happy anniversary you two!!
Brooks you ARE lucky she was tricked into being with you! And you better never forget that! Happy 10 years to you two!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!! That's probably the sweetest blog post there is! You guys were defenitely ment for each other. ;-)
melissa does brooks breath still friggin stink like the plaque...
Happy Anniversary! Any big plans?
He speaks!
That was pretty sweet! I would say I can't believe you guys have been married that long, but I guess we're coming up on ten ourselves. Yeesh. We're old. But Brooks is right; he's a lucky man and you're a dang good mom. Hope your anniversary is awesome!
Ahhhhh...... Very sweet. HAPPY DECADE to you both. He's right, BIG time heist. ;) CONGRATS. Hope you had a LOVELY celebration.
Post a Comment