I'm not going to disclose ALL our ages, but here are 11 moms, dressed in tutus (many borrowed from our daughters........not mine obviously, because it didn't fit) getting ready to run the 5K for Breast Cancer.
And not only did we RUN but there had to be a little dancing before

Aaaaaaand, well, a little potty break before too. Here Allison, Nikki and I come back from....well, you know what......in an undisclosed place. Because apparently if I TOLD you where we would have gotten a ticket........according to Nikki.
There was sooooooo many people. To give you an idea, by the time we got to the starting line, it had been 17 minutes since the first people took off. We could barely run once it started.
We spent most of the race zigging and zagging through people......which wasn't too easy because the whole first mile was uphill, but everyone was so nice and friendly during the race that it made it enjoyable (wait, did I just use that word associated with RUNNING?!?!? Yikes.)
Nikki and I finished it in 29:00 flat. And we were thrilled considering we were shooting for around 30. I think it was the drums/music, etc. that kept us running to a fun beat (Pause. Now I used the word "fun"?!?!?)
However, had someone TOLD me there would've been a ton of freebies waiting at the finish line, I probably would've sprinted faster!!!! NOW, they're talkin' my language.
(why I wore a pink shirt when my face goes bright pink/red is beyond me.......)
I don't think I've EVER eaten a better-tasting orange!
Rachel was all about "goosing" the Chick-Fil-A cow....

But you know what they say? What goes around, comes around!

Here we are at the end of the race w/ all the babies (that the iron-men mommies pushed in strollers).
Don't get me wrong though, I still don't LIKE running, but Rachel of course, challenged me and said I at least had to do ONE race in my whole life. And there it is.
However, I WILL say, I enjoyed hangin' w/ some of my peeps......even in tutus.
5 comments:
I knew you'd do awesome! Great time and really, that DOES look like too much fun, even w/ the running involved. If you ran in a smaller race, you'd probably shed a few more minutes off your time. I think you're a natural runner with a lot of talent!
I love this post! I laughed so hard at the goosing picture! It turned out perfect!! I have to say you jipped our time! It was 28:00 mintues for sure!!!!
love that, maybe i'll sport a tu-tu in my tri in a couple of weeks!!!! ;)
i meant to say that in my book you are mother of the YEAR for actually owning a RAT. i mean WOW. never. not even if my boys' cried every day for a year would I ever EVER own one and put it in my house. KUDDOS to you. really.
I agree with Miles (whoever you may be) You are totally a natural runner. I can't wait for next year. I can't believe Nikki would do such a thing to me!
Looks like you girls had a great time!! I miss the Race for the Cure in Columbus. There were like 50-60 thousand people, and when I heard on the radio that SLC was expecting like 15 thousand, I was a little disappointed. I thought for sure they'd have a better turnout. So, I went running with friends from my neighborhood that morning. :)
I just love that you guys dressed in tutus, though. It's gotta be one of the funnest races to run as far as dressing up and all the treats and freebies at the end. I'm glad you took so many fun pictures!!
Post a Comment