and I don't want to be selfish and keep the information all to myself, so here goes......
A 15 passenger 1989 Dodge Ram Van's gas light does NOT come on when it's empty.
So, don't wait for it to come on.

See? Isn't nice to say you learned something today.......and at my expense?
You see it's November 30th and as much as I usually keep every gas tank at least above half, we've been trying to figure out exactly how many miles we get to the gallon in our van and I really wanted to wait until December to fill it up again.
I saw it was empty, but I also saw that a light hadn't come on yet, so I thought I had more time.
You know what happened to thought, don't you?
Of COURSE it would happen on the day that the girls and I pulled a pj day (I really SHOULD include a picture of what I was wearing, but I'll spare your eyes......let's just say this hoodie doesn't exactly fit) and were just in the garage rotating clothes, doing laundry and hanging out. I was on my way to pick up Emerson from preschool and well.....the van, sputtered and stopped......in the middle of the lane......and considering it's size, we kind of couldn't go incognito.
Thankfully it was by my gym, so ghetto me and pj-ed girls (w/ homeless looking hair) walked into our gym to page my hero and knight in shining armor, who DID come to rescue us.
PROS? Yes there are some:
-I didn't go into labor
-Aleeya DID hold in her poop even though she said it was going to come out.
-Emerson's preschool teacher was so kind to let him stay longer
-I got time to clean out the van
(a chore I've been delaying because....well....climbing/sliding under all those benches isn't my kind of fun right now)
-I found why I like to keep tanks above half
-I got to see Brooks in the middle of the day! YAY!!!
5 comments:
Melissa, I love your optimism! I have feared this exact thing so many times in the morning when I'm running the kids to school without proper clothing or shoes...! Seeing our hubbies in the daylight hours is worth it sometimes, right? :)
oh dear!!!!! yes, you are the epitome of optimism. WOW. so glad you can see the silver lining in it all.
good luck this next week as you prepare for "baby smith" can't wait to hear all about it.
;)
you should write a book on staying positive.. sorry you had a rough morning. just how many miles does the yeti get?
Um, another positive thing is you got to find out almost exactly how far you can go before you run out of gas. I mean that was one of the purposes of not filling it up. Check!
Wow!!! And as for cleaning under the seats- I once got stuck under van seats when 9 months pregnant. That's why I don't clean anymore! (at least that is what I'm telling myself)
Post a Comment