Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh Crab!

We're crab-sitting for a week.
Hermit crabs.........
which you would THINK by their names, they would like to be left alone more often........
well, the first day, they didn't get their wish.
They DO move around sometimes though and come out of their shells, and make a creepy/moving sand sound when I THINK I'm alone during naptime.
The kids couldn't be happier. Thanks Rachel for letting us watch them.
(Check out Iris standing up in her high chair, the little stinker. She LOVES the crabs too)

Then while Daddy was outside doing yardwork, he pointed out THIS to Camden
which of course, Camden caught.
Brooks ALSO pointed out another black snack to them to catch, but thankfully it wisely went back into it's hole (BY MY GARAGE!!!!!) before the kids could catch it.
(It's a wonder the snake didn't come out of the hole for the next hour though. I mean when I have shovel handles being shoved down my home, I would want to come right out!)

And it looks like this lizard (who now holds the record for the longest living lizard in the history of Smith kid catching) ALSO has a good bite on him.
Never thought I would see my boy with an earring.

And on a final note, Aleeya has made me laugh lately (not unusual, I know) but she REALLY wants to be like me. I find that the most comfortable things for me to sleep in are Brooks' basketball shorts and a t-shirt.....most of my t-shirts are sports related from Brooks (since my belly keeps growing).
Anyway, every once and while she'll look at me dressed like that and say, "I need MY basketball roupa (clothes) too!"
Then she goes off into Emerson's room and grabs what she can. This is her on Saturday.....getting ready for bed. :)

Oh, and THANKS so much for ALL of your ideas on the lunch things for my boys!!! I can't WAIT to try them all. Ya'll are the best!

4 comments:

Gabe said...

looks like emerson and camden got a haircut. im sure you did it

Ty & Andi said...

ok, i only looked at this post to see an action shot of the squirrel episode...did you NOT get a picture of that?! that NEEDs to be written down for posterity and for everyone to know why camden is obsessed with catching things :)

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is funny about the lizard hanging off of Camden's ear! The crabs look so fun! Glad everyone is enjoying them! I am excited to hear what you make for the boys for lunch.

The Sanford Family said...

We own hermit crabs (they're the most-difficult-to-kill pet) and Claire gets them out to play with all of the time. Recently, she got them out to have a crab race and forgot to put them back. I found one of them crawling down the hallway at midnight.