Monday, August 9, 2010

A week late, but here it is

My fun, animal-catching, full of fire, best snuggler, never-be-a-dull-moment-around 2nd born
JUST TURNED SIX!!!!!
(he was/is such a cute kid)

Crazy. Infact, I was JUST telling Brooks, "What would we do without Camden? He always gives us the best stories!" It's true, but I really like having him around too.

He wanted to paint his pinata......he wanted a green T-rex, but with spikes down his back. So maybe a t-rex/dragon mix?
He loved it......the only problem is, it has convinced Aleeya SHE wants a T-rex for her birthday. Don't worry, I have 2 months to convince her otherwise.
His actual b-day was on Monday. But his FRIENDS party was on Wednesday. So in order to make Monday special for him too, he kind of ruled the day and got to do what he wanted, pick dinner and do a fun activity at night (bowling).
For dinner he picked: cereal (my kind of kid!)
Before we went bowling he opened up the gifts from family. He LOVED getting money for Grandma and RA....(it's what he wanted) and couldn't get enough of the stuffed animals Grams and Grampy sent (he LOVES stuffed animals.....Brooks and I not so much, but ALL of their's were ruined in the flood, so truly, that's what he wanted!) and we gave him a Lego set and what he asked for.......he wanted me to make him a Taggie and thankfully I found some awesome shark material to do it. He's so grateful for it and keeps hugging me about his taggie. So cute.

The bowling though? Well, he MAYBE got 4 or 5 frames in before he forgot how we act appropriately and spent the rest of the frames in the van........until he could be happy. Which HE decided that it wasn't going to happen any time soon.
Happy Birthday to him, right?
But I betcha he won't do it again next time!

Wednesday was fun with his friends. He got a basketball hoop, this:
(which has NOW become my middle name..........Yahtzee, that is. We live and breathe Yahtzee around here now)

And this habitat.....that he absolutely LOVES
He started catching things right away for it and we EVEN went to the pet store and got a fire-bellied frog for him to put in it. His name WAS "Fuego".......was, because I guess Fuego didn't like practically getting BATHED in hand sanitizer everytime he was held. Why we spent money when I have a son perfectly capable of catching anything is still beyond me. Now it houses all the crickets that we bought to feed Fuego.

His cake, he wanted an "Oreo Cherry cake". So that's what he got.......adorned with Toy Story figurines we he of course, loved.
I still can't believe that 6 years ago (on the first day of medical school, mind you) that my Camden joined us......and will SOON be going to kindergarten! AH!!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

The first day of medical school? Why have I not heard that story??

Gabe said...

camden you a bad a bro. adriana loves you so much. dont forget that i tooted in your face when you bit my rump...

Nikki said...

Glad he had a great birthday Baloo!

Suzanne said...

What's a "Taggie?"