Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I am NOT okay with this

THESE TWO.........yes, these very two HANDSOME boys
started school today.

I woke them up at 6, they showered, got ready, grabbed their backpacks and just left with Brooks...............
and took a little piece of my heart (and tears) with them.

Bronson is excited for school to start.
He has the same teacher as last year now that she moved up to 2nd grade and we couldn't be more thrilled........either could she when she called to tell us.

Camden has Bronson's old kindergarten teacher for HIS first year in school!
(we are REALLY liked this sweet Columbian lady when she was Bronson's teacher)
(look at his nervous little foot stance! He's so sweet!)
He'll do fantastic in school, I know, but he HAS been a little nervous.
I think we FINALLY put his nerves behind him when he said before Back-to-School night how EVERYONE will know each other and already have friends.
It wasn't until THEN that we discovered that HE thought the SAME kids that were in Bronson's kindergarten class will be in his, and that he would be the only new one and everyone would already have their friends.
But seriously, WHO wouldn't want to be friends with the "Sneak Man". I mean really!!!!
When we went to back-to-school night it was CLEAR they were all just as nervous as he was, but Camden didn't even LOOK it as he just sat in the lazyboy-like chair looking at books the whole time.

Yes, I KNOW I will see them at 3:45, but I'll be thinking about them all day.
Brooks took them out to breakfast today and drove them to school, and I can't help but sit here and think,
Will Bronson walk Camden to his class? (to think of him walking through the halls by himself makes me long to be there EVERY second) Will Camden remember where his class is? Does he remember that I packed his snack and lunch? Does he know our phone number is written on his back pack? Will he make the bus for the way home? (Bronson never was put on HIS on the first day of kindergarten!!!!)

Thankfully, I KNOW Bronson will look at for him and I didn't have that luxury the first time sending a child to school. But still..........

I guess I'll just have to wait to see how it goes. I know it will be fine.
Yes. I know it will be.
It will be.
Right? Right.
What am I thinking?!?
Of course it will.

3 comments:

McKenna said...

I'm sure it will all be fine...my kids always survived, even when I drove behind their bus to make sure (yes, I totally did that). It's nerve-racking isn't it? You work so hard to make their little bodies and then they just take those little bodies into the world without you. It's no wonder I have gray hairs.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

AHHHH!!! The first day of school. I am sure glad that ours is over with! I hope it went well. That is great that Brooks took them to breakfast beforehand. What a great idea! I too like having Cal there with Clark. Hope the bus thing worked out. We are able to walk to school because it's so close. You'd be proud of us--we've used 3/4 of a tank of gas in 2 1/2 weeks! (Okay, so maybe we're becoming a little psycho, but it's been good riding bikes more and walking to and from school.) I am curious to hear about the first day!!!

Nikki said...

They are looking so old Baloo. Glad they are excited for school!