Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My FAVORITE DAY of the whole week

Tuesday, Cocoa Beach
Not only was it MY favorite day, but every single one of my kids said it was their favorite too!
(when the kids are happy, Mommy is happy, I guess)

Grandma told us to leave Iris with her at home, so the 4 kids, Brooks, myself, RA and Brooks' 2 brothers, "Tio Bug" and "Tio Gabe" all headed off to the beach.

Aleeya LOVES her Tio Gabe.
But probably not as much as Emerson loves his Tios. He would not leave his uncles alone and was happiest when he was with them. Good thing too, because those waves just knocked his teeny body around everywhere but Emerson thought he was just as big as everyone else out there.
I remember playing, Don't-let-the-wave-touch-you-game!
Tio Gabe rented a surf board, and since he does a lot of it in Puerto Rico, he taught the kids how to (don't be fooled, Aleeya didn't like a second of it).
The boys LOVED it and got to standing up pretty good too!
I like the picture of Camden and RA though. This was when RA broke the news to Camden that there just MIGHT NOT be any crabs to catch on this beach. You can tell by his posture how disappointed Camden was.
But don't you worry, the Sneak Man did chase PLENTY of birds around the beach and had an encounter with a jellyfish.....apparently the first animal I have found that he has NOT wanted to catch. Phew. I'm glad to know he DOES have some reservations.

My big boy.
My sweet princess.
Her favorite thing to do was sit on the beach where the waves would come and let it hit her and push her back. She giggled and giggled.
They tried surfing all together.......rather unsuccessfully I might add.
I love this picture, because when we GOT to the beach, they ALL had sunglasses on.
This is RIGHT before we went home and Gabe is the only one with them. Brooks lost his first after jumping into a wave. Bronson/Bug lost his second while wrestling with Brooks in the ocean, and finally RA after he JUST FINISHED telling me he won't lose his too (since I told him that he should take them off before swimming).

Me? I just walked around with my camera, saved Emerson a few times from being swallowed up, sat on the shore with Aleeya, and just enjoyed watching my kids have the time of their lives!
Of course, it didn't help we finished up with a 7-11 slurpee either! :)

Side note: We had a slurpee every day for 6 days straight while down there!
Man, is this what happens when you don't live by a 7-11 for 9 years?!?!?!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. love the last pic! the ocean tends to eat those kinds of things!

Jen said...

Looks like you all had a great time! How fun!!!

Janene said...

Looks like so much fun Melissa! So glad you got to have a vacation!

Oh, and I love your new family picture. It's so cute!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

The slurpees sound great! YUM! I love, love, love the beach. Glad you could enjoy it for me!

Babelicious said...

I smiled when I saw the beach was your favorite day. I didn't think you guys like going to parks very much. Definately water people!! What was it with the Slurpees?? We have a 7-11 here and we never go there, but Case and the kids kept getting Slurpees too. We had fun with you guys--it just went by too fast!