Tuesday, July 27, 2010

WHERE TO BEGIN?!?!?

And we're off.............. on a 10 hour drive..................to Florida.
See how excited we are for the drive?
Besides Iris screaming most of the time, we were lucky to have such awesome friends let use their van (since ALL the mini-van rental companies were OUT!!) with A/C and portable DVD players.......neither of which our van has.

We got there Saturday and swam and swam. Sunday the WHOLE gang was there.
I just LOVE seeing Brooks w/ 3 brothers and dad!
(Can I just say how much easier church is when you have 6 adults to a 5 kid ratio?!?!?)

Monday- Animal Kingdom/Disneyworld
Ready to go.....with all the 9 grandkids.
The safari is always a hit with my kids.
Here is Bronson with his two cousins, Hallie and Olivia.
The 2 girls in the Tinkerbell dresses I massacred.....I mean, made. They ended up being perfect and lightweight for the day though.

Here is Iris in my favorite picture of the day.
While the older kids and adults went on the "Yedi ride" I stayed behind with the younger kids and Brooks' brother, Casey. Emerson found this HUGE grasshopper.....and I mean biggest I've ever seen with spikes on his legs and very colorful. You can see it on the bike behind Iris and she was scared to death of it.

Brooks, Bronson, Hallie and Casey decided to go on the Yedi ride (mountain behind them) again. Camden wasn't too big of a fan of it. Infact, when he got off he said, "That was the WORST thing EVER!" Apparently he had his head down most of the time. :)
Poor little Iris was such a trooper. It really was soooooo hot, sticky and humid.

We FINALLY found a place that gave both she and I relief.........a water section in Dinoland.
All the kids got soaked and we adults got some MUCH needed sit-down rest time.
(The above picture is me and Emerson on a VERY slow moving dinosaur ride that made me so sick. I don't think this baby likes rides too much.)

My next favorite picture of the day..............
Isn't Camden just so cute? I love that kid and considering he doesn't like crowds and most public gatherings, he was a trooper.


This is REALLY what we wanted to stay by, the WHOLE day......those mist fans.
This picture made me laugh, because we were waiting for the Finding Nemo show to start and Uncle Casey started rubbing Emerson's head and Grandma rubbed Camden's ear (which helped him not get so worked up about us sitting in an auditorium FULL of people). Let's just say, Emerson found a NEW best friend.
Then we came home and let those kids swim to their hearts content!......minus my girls......they went RIGHT TO BED!
MY favorite thing of the day?
-The Bug's Life 3-D show. Let's just say 8 minutes in that air conditioned room watching a HILARIOUS show with bugs flying towards you, stinging you, passing gas in your general direction was the best. I could've kept watching that ALL day.
Bronson's favorite- "The Yedi roller coaster"
Camden's favorite- "swimming at the house" (are you surprised?)
Emerson's favorite- "When the stink bug tooted on us" (3-D show, I'm tellin' ya,
it was classic)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if the temp. would've been in the 70's, i think the trip would've been perfect for you! i LOVE the girls' dresses.. awesome job!

Niederfam said...

looks like a PARTY!!!!!! the very fun but exhausting kind!!!!!

Suzanne said...

Florida? Hot, Sticky, & Humid in July? I never would've guessed!! ;) (Been there, done that.) And I'm going in 2 weeks myself - I'm already hot just thinking about it!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Wow! Quite the trip! How fun! And what a great way to end it with a live sealing for your brother-in-law and new sister-in-law. I loved rides, but boy do they make me sick! I can handle a couple, and then I need about a two hour break so I don't throw up! It makes me sad because they are so fun. Thanks for the fun posts!