HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN to mention the crowning moment on Tuesday?!?!?
When we got back home from the beach we weren't allowed into the private pool at our house because of algae growing. So Camden went lizard hunting.
Up until this point he had caught 4 lizards, 2 frogs, a walking-stick bug thing and one of those grasshoppers....that apparently bite. He would make their "house" in the home's tea pot.....because really, what else are we going to use it for?
Anyway, I went to go check on Camden and found the Scottish-talking pool guy that asked,
"Are ye looking for a little lad?"
Me: "Um....yes."
The Scot: "Is he holding a litt-ow tea paut?"
Me: "Yes"
The Scot: "I just turned him over to securatee 'cause I fownd him at de end of de road."
So I go hunting for that security car and find it. Flag it down, and the security lady starts laughing when she sees my face. I look in the back seat and there's Camden with his tea pot on his lap with a smile on his face.
(Come to find out he HAD been crying and telling the lady we had a silver van....parked in the garage and hidden from view so that detail didn't help.)
After a talking to, the rest of the trip he DID end up staying by the house, but I can't help but wonder, was that the first of many times of me seeing my child in the back of a cop-like car?
Anyway, on to Wednesday and Thursday.....if you all even still care.
SEA WORLD

Here we are before the Shamu show in the "splash" zone that never seemed to get water on the other times I've gone.

STILL waiting for it to start and STILL handing Iris more and more dum-dums.

The smiles here are funny because then Shamu came and.......

made us look like this..........

We're talkin' soaked.....with cold......salty water (on freshly shaved legs, I might add and THAT did not feel good). Shamu got my cameras too, but that didn't compare to the emotional damage he caused on my girls. Iris did NOT like it (you can see where she was sitting since my shirt is dry in that ONE spot) and Aleeya kept saying after the show, "Shamu mean. Shamu mean."
Bronson had an ear infection (most likely caused by the algae-ized pool) so we went home early, planning to use our free 2nd day pass the next day......on Thursday.
We decided to chill all morning and afternoon though because as you can see by the above picture, I'm starting to get "park-ed" out and so are the kids.
I watched my kids and the Casey's 2 boys for about 5 hours that morning so the brothers/RA could go playing basketball and doing what they do. They had a great time.
But this segment can NOT be concluded without a shout-out to THESE TWO:

Lincoln and Aleeya.
Sweetest little 2 year olds, but together, they are trouble.
(just LOOK at the looks on their faces!)
I sat in the middle of the house the whole time with an eye on BOTH doors because these two could run out one of them or get into someone's room or into food or whatever. They made quite the pair.
That night around 4 Brooks, me and our 3 boys went back to Sea World while the girls stayed home with Grandma (isn't my MIL the best?) to see the Dolphin and the Seal/Pirate shows that I so desperately wanted to see.
We let the boys pick WHATEVER they wanted to do the rest of the time and we did those rides or activities. Camden was the ONLY one complaining that we wouldn't let him "do what he wanted to do!"
Ask me what he wanted to do.........
catch one of the ducks and take him home.
I think we learned our lesson before about that.......plus, the duck wouldn't have fit in that teapot.
It's worth noting that on the way out in the parking lot we saw a police car and Camden said,
"Hey, that's like the car I got to ride in!"
3 comments:
YEAH!! I'm so glad you had such a fun time. Emma was reading this with me and loved all the funny stories of mean Shamu and the police car. Thanks for making us laugh!
I didn't know I was in for more adventure with Camden! Ahh..what a scary moment! Well, for me it would be! Too funny!
I thought you never lose your kids!!:) I love the picture of Lincoln with his finger up his nose. Thanks for posting that one. When I look at these pictures, I immediately feel hot and sticky.
Post a Comment