Monday, February 15, 2010

To try.....or not to try........

THAT, is the question!

1. Homemade heart shaped pizzas for Valentines....
Yep, try it. the kids loved it, pink crust and all. The one on the left is not cooked yet. The hearts totally grew when I cooked them. (symbolic? I think so)
(This was kind of last minute instead of the usual pink/red breakfast for dinner, so I used my fav. quick pizza dough recipe that doesn't have to rise....it takes 5 minutes to whip together:
1 T yeast, dissolve in 1 c. water
Add: 1 t. sugar, 1 t. salt, 2 T oil, 2.5 cups flour.
Knead, Roll out and press into pizza pan.
450 for 12-15 minutes.
I doubled the recipe to make 2 pizza crusts)

2. "Jelly fish dinner"
Nope. Don't worry about trying it. I thought it would be fun to try when it was my Saturday to babysit and the kids LOVED the idea.....but really spaghetti noodles cooked in a hot dog? Really? what was I thinking?!? They kept saying, can I just eat them separate? WHAT?!?! You don't want to eat cooked/soggy spaghetti noodles jammed in your hotdog? What's wrong with my kids?

3. Fabric Knot-beaded necklaces
Try it. Super easy. The RS did a craft night here making these, but I couldn't make it, so I just watched the movie here:
and had no problem making them. I made some for my sisters (my sister's husband coaches for a team who's colors are purple and white), and WISHED I could've had the patience to figure out those fabric/ribbon flowers. The concept was easy, I just didn't want to deal with it.

4. Saying NO to this sweet Valentine
Don't try it. She's too sweet.

5. Dinosaur Egg Oatmeal
Try it. I got 5 boxes of those things because my kids like oatmeal. They were actually pretty cool. There were dinosaur eggs then when you add the hot water they turn into baby dinosaurs.
(total for the above: $16..........could've been better but I REALLY wanted a roast)

6. Catching one (of four) birds flying in your house

According to Camden and Sally........try it.

9 comments:

Garett and Rachel said...

So you can make octopus hotdogs so much easier. Just up half of the hotdog into little strips but leave it all attached to the top half. Then you boil them instead of microwave and the strips curl up to make an octopus. Have fun. Now tell me how to get the oatmeal. My kids love that stuff and it is never on sale.

Babelicious said...

Ha Ha--I was just going to say that you can make octopus hotdogs so much easier and tell you how to do it. I guess Rachel beat me to it!!

Robyn said...

Your necklaces turned out super cute!!

Davis and Laura said...

Your necklaces turned out so cute! I'm excited to make mine...no, I still have not done them. :)

Ty & Andi said...

Ok, so SICK hot dogs with spaghetti, you are just trying to get out of Saturday babysitting night ;). Those feasts you commented on, easy 20 min. meals, so easy and healthy! And, I would love the raspberry recipe, however I only make jello maybe once a year so no pressure. And, I DO have an excellent GIANT cinnamon roll recipe, not too sweet, but they are too much work for me so I never make them, but I can give you the recipe and I'll come eat them with you, ha! :)

Anonymous said...

is there a critter in this world that camden has not been able to catch?!

The Sanford Family said...

We tried to make spagetti trick and the kids just stared at me. I thought it was a fun idea!! I think we'll try the octopus hotdogs for lunch - we are learning about "oct" today

Jenny said...

Fun Valentines Day in your house. We should get together soon, when our husbands ocviously have time. As a wife I appreciate your husband's positive comments to my hubby. It is always nice to hear supportive thoughts from others around you when you are having a tough time. Thanks!

Suzanne said...

eggs that turn into dinosaurs in your food? I think I lost my appetite!