My kids "read" (I say that loosely with Emerson and Aleeya since I read TO them) their 10 books each to get free tickets to the circus!
So off we went to see Barnum and Bailey's "Greatest Show on Earth"
Here we are before it starts. (Iris was at a babysitter's)

Here is Emerson AS SOON as it started........and how he stayed through the whole thing. (It WAS a little loud)

Aleeya wouldn't open her eyes AT ALL at the beginning. It LOOKS like she's sleeping, but she just wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the circus. I caught 4 pictures through the show and how she progressed.

(What's funny, is that she kept saying how much she liked it after it ended)
Okay, so obviously, my kids' favorite parts were the animals and the tigers were no exception.

This tiger was HUGE.

This was one of those "amazing" moments. There were SIX (count them!) motorcycles going at the same time in there and never crashing. It was incredible.

What is a circus w/o elephants?!?! This one was carrying a dog (in a basket), that was just so cute.

I couldn't help but laugh when the elephants would lay down. They were just so big and looked like chubby babies (not that I would know what a chubby baby looks like.....) when they would sit down with their arms up.

Camden has OFFICIALLY changed his mind (again) as to what he wants to be when he grows up. We've gone from-
-a "fixer" guy
-a zookeeper
-a taxi driver
-a chimney sweep (after seeing Mary Poppins)
-to now.......THIS guy

(riding a motorcycle on a wire with a lady in spandex hanging on DOES sound like a pretty good occupation now that I think of it.)
This next picture. I've gotta explain before I show you what was the "grand finale" at the circus. There was a cowboy section (think the Wild West) and these cowboys came running out and were juggling their hats.
When they looked up at our seats, I noticed they were all Oriental guys. Which is fine, because they seemed to be the most talented in the circus anyway, but I just couldn't wrap my mind around Asian cowboys..........THEN they must've changed costumes because here's what they came out in next

check it out....

They were these jumping guys with tassels and things that looked like flames coming off of them. Jumping back and forth on these 6 trampolines. It was cool, weird and mesmorizing all at the same time..........like a lava lamp.
All in all, it was fun. My vote is still Disney on Ice, and parts of the circus were REALLY cool, but some were just boring, loud and a little too Broadway w/o the talent.
I AM glad we went though......and so were the kids......even Aleeya.
3 comments:
That looked like so much fun! Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big they are too. Has it really been that long since I've seen you and your fam in person? We need to do something about that. Love you!
ok, the motorcycle thing is NUTS. and, camden is so cute with all of his occupational goals.
So we took Mitt a few years ago and Preston and I left thinking we just exposed our son to a FREAK show, what happened to the GOOD OLE DAYS??? ;) Glad parts of it were worth it!!!
Post a Comment