So a little while ago I posted about my cinnamon roll issues and asked if anyone had recipes! And since only ONE person posted a recipe, I can assume one of two things:
1) no one CARES about my issues
2) you've all tried THIS recipe and decided it was your favorite too.
I'm going with the latter on this one.
Yesterday was my big experiment on making THESE Cinnamon Rolls.
One of my biggest beefs about "experimenting" with cinnamon roll recipes is the HUGE mess and not knowing if it'll turn out right.
Anyway, I made my usual HUGE mess and got them in the pan to rise (with the help of my ever-so-smug assistant, Emerson)

They LOOKED great, right?
Then they rose, and rose and rose, and looked even BETTER.
After cooking them here's what they looked like (one iced already)

The verdict? IT'S A WINNER!
It's super unhealthy and very rich, so each of us maybe ate one or two. The icing is INCREDIBLE and all in all, it wasn't too sweet (if you like them less sweet, put less br. sugar). It was just right. They even LOOKED good.
My neighbors, kids, Brooks' home teaching companion, and the PPI interview-ee of Brooks that night all gave them 2 thumbs WAAAAAY up.
Phew, I FINALLY can stop looking. Granted, it's a 5 and a half hour project from start to finish, so I still won't stop grabbing a few tubes of cinnamon rolls at the store for quick morning breakfasts, but if I'm going for tastes and a special occasion, I'll definitely use these.
Note: they're made with Vanilla pudding..............yummy.
Onto a few other things:
Iris LOVES spaghetti. She had it for her first time last week
and LOVED it.....but she's pretty easy to please when it 
comes to food.The rest of the pictures are the good ol' ones that happen on Sunday RIGHT before you're about to leave, and your child grabs a camera while you're pumping milk (Iris will NOT nurse anymore. She refuses. Period. And she's happy with her choice. Me? Not so much.) Anyway, I set the pump aside quickly for a few just because they were going to take the pictures whether I liked it or not. I was glad they did though. I don't have too many of me and my entertaining angels.


6 comments:
Yay!! I'm glad they passed the test! They look delish! I haven't made them in a few months and seeing pictures of yours made me start craving them again! I love that you staggered your rows - what a brilliant idea!
And I love the pics of you and your kids. We moms need someone to take those pictures every once in a while. :)
I copied the recipe but haven't made them yet. Now I will HAVE to make them! They look divine!
I read the comment on your other post that referenced and linked up to these "authentic"? Cinnabon rolls and planned on making them (on the Docket for Valentine's weekend) but now that you're "endorsing" them, I'm even more excited!....I guess this means I don't have to get off my chair to find MY recipe to send you anymore, now, huh?!? :)
I have another baked goods recipe that has vanilla pudding as an ingredient, and it's good, too!
Just a trick I learned a while ago to save on some of the mess and save some flour too. Buy a piece of canvas to roll your dough on. You flour it the first time and then you really don't need to flour it again. I use my canvas piece for about 6 months (storing it between use in a sealed bag). I use my canvas for bread, rolls, navajo tacos. Then instead of throwing flour away you just fold up cavnas and save for next time. It is awesome on clean up and everything.
Where do I find that recipe?!
The pics of you with the kids is very scrap-worthy
One year my son suggested Cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast as a great, fast breakfast. I laughed! Poor kid, he was so insulted. He had no idea the work that goes into them.
Post a Comment