(Actually my PERFECT breakfast ever would be Duncan Hines Blueberry Streusal muffins with a smoothie.......has GOT to be the Streusal kind!)
I decided to whip up a batch with a new recipe I found with whole wheat and no rise. All the comments were rather complimentary, so I gave it a go. WHY I IGNORED THE DISCLAIMER IN THE BEGINNING THAT SAID: "These are biscuit style cinnamon rolls", is beyond me. I'm sure you can guess. They turned out LOOKING great, but they were bitter and biscuit-tasting. Go figure.
I decided to whip up a batch with a new recipe I found with whole wheat and no rise. All the comments were rather complimentary, so I gave it a go. WHY I IGNORED THE DISCLAIMER IN THE BEGINNING THAT SAID: "These are biscuit style cinnamon rolls", is beyond me. I'm sure you can guess. They turned out LOOKING great, but they were bitter and biscuit-tasting. Go figure.I'm just SO tired of making cinnamon rolls and having them NOT turn out! I can't think of ANY other thing I make that makes a bigger mess and more dishes. So I go through ALL this work.....for a major disappointment. I've tried MULTIPLE recipes.....and some are just too crumbly (not a good match w/ kids), etc. Okay, okay, I did make ONE batch a while back with my sister's Mrs. Powell-like Cinnamon rolls that were AWESOME. But every time I've tried since then they haven't turned out (my sister's recipes consists of " a little bit of this......., and little of that until the 'right' consistency......., wait until the yeast is 'happy'", etc. You get the idea).
I like the fluffy Cinabun type cinnamon rolls (however they ARE too sweet, so I would modify the sugar a little, but it's the fluffiness I'm talking about).
DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD RECIPE FOR ME?!?!?!?
4 comments:
YES!! I have the best recipe! They are terribly fattening but oh so good! I make them twice a year on Conference Saturday. They have pudding in the dough, which I think is the secret ingredient. They do taste like Cinnabon, but if you think it's too sweet, you can adjust the sugar mixture (although, I love these CR just the way they are). And the cream cheese frosting is the best as well! I found it on a blog, so I'll just link you to that. You seriously have to make these! I get asked for the recipe all. the. time. :)
http://dandelionmama.wordpress.com/2007/10/08/cinnabon-you-bet-your-life/
Please do a "continued" post on this topic. After you've discovered the perfect tried and true recipe, I want it!
julianne, do you remember her? she just posted this on her blog:
These are heavenly and not overly sweet. Wal Mart had fresh blueberries on sale for 1.50 a pint so I decided to look up a recipe to use them in. I got it here. Thank you Taste Of Home!!!
INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
STREUSEL:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter
Directions:
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
I do!
I'll give it to you sometime...but I'll have to get off my chair and find it, and I'm not doing that right now....:)
We have them on Christmas morning -- and not too many other occasions (the work, ya know!) The fact that you have them EVERY Sunday makes me tired!
How do those fit into our Healthy Habits Challenge? :)
Post a Comment