For the past while, Brooks has harassed me on our "blog" name....who am I kidding, it's not "our" blog! Anyway, he mentioned we could've thought of something more creative then "simple surprises!" Yes, we could've, I'm sure. We spend obnoxious amounts of time thinking of creative things to do with words. But I really couldn't think of anything better. Let me explain--------
Our lives are simple. And I like it that way. I try to say "no" as much as I can to extra activities that I think we don't need...so I can keep things peaceful and functioning. I'm a make-the-home mom (as opposed to a stay-at-home) so by job description, my life is "simple". However, I think I have the LEAST boring life of anyone I know!!!! HONEST!!! Which is where the "surprises" come in. I have no clue what will come out of my kids' (or dog's for that matter) mouths, or even what language it will be in!, what they'll be wearing, what messes will be made, what ways Brooks will make us all laugh, what ways the BOYS and Aleeya will try to copy Daddy and make us all laugh, what clothes I just MIGHT fit into that day, what pictures will be drawn (paper or not) and what sweet moments of spiritual enlightenments I'll have during the day thinking of how my Heavenly Father entrusted ME with HIS children. I like it JUST how it is, because my life IS simple but never boring, therefore, full of surprises. To me, that beats "creative names" anyday.
There you have it..........not that you cared or anything.
4 comments:
That is too funny. When Lee read my blog title, he didn't get it at first. He just thought it was a weird title.
I always thought your title was JUST FINE -- and creative! So, I'm not sure what Brooks is talking about! :)
I'm so glad you explained that, since I've been judging you for your blog title ever since you started one. ;)
Don't think you're alone...PC razzes me for "The Christiansen Crew" all the time. "Are we running a ship or something?" Yes, PC. And I'm the Captain , so I get to name it. Now, run along, Dear.
...but yes...I probably could have been more creative. :)
I love your blog name...have you noticed mine? Ohio Christensens? I didn't put any thought into mine.
Post a Comment