Monday, August 31, 2009

My finger is jammed

Sorry no pics....it just happens to be my picture-button-pushing finger (and making it REALLY inconvienent to type "y", "j", "n" or "h"!!!)
"How did you jam your finger?" you ask? Well, it's actually quite an easy explanation. After teaching Joy School today my kids and Tiffany Iver's girls were playing in the front yard while we moms were talking. The kids were chasing each other around our fix-it guy's truck. Next thing we know, we hear a click and look at Aleeya in the front seat of the truck with her hand on the gear shift. ALL THE KIDS WERE IN THERE (except Iris, who I was holding)! Camden had so kindly opened the door for all of them. Since we live on a hill, the truck went rolling back into the yard across the street, barely missing the mailbox, with me running after it. Then the truck started rolling back towards us and down towards the OTHER neighbor's yard across the street again (my next door neighbor's). So I handed Iris off to Tiffany. Opened the door, grabbed Aleeya out who got tangled in the seat belt. The door slams closed on my hand. I lay Aleeya down in the grass, open the door off my fingers, jump in the front seat, slam on the brakes just FEET before hitting her mailbox and really going down the BIG hill (to which I would've NEVER caught them!).
The worse part about experiences like this is all the "What ifs" that your mind plays on you after! It wasn't until 30 minutes after that I started tearing up thinking what COULD HAVE been.
Don't worry though, Brooks scared the bee-jeebies out of the boys that I don't think they'll EVER want to get into anyone's car again. Then they prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for keeping them safe.......after they were done boo-hooing.
(seriously think of truck going FAST down the hill, oncoming traffic, running into a house, crashing this truck, deaths, etc.) I can't help but count my many blessings at this point.....I just wished I would've counted my many blessings WITHOUT this experience and a swollen, bruised finger.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yikes!
But, way to be Wonder Woman out there coming to the rescue! :)

McKenna said...

Holy. Crap.

That would be terrifying. I can totally see my kids doing something like that, too! But since everyone is okay, I don't feel bad saying...your jammed finger is the coolest battle wound EVER! I'm imagining you running after the truck and braking it inches away from the mailbox. Seriously, you should moonlight as a super-hero. You could be the Jammed-Fingered Avenger. We'll get the Hairy Shoe Fairy to sew you an outfit ;)

Anonymous said...

Melissa you have the craziest,most exciting, most action packed life of anyone i have ever met.
Holy cow that would have scared the crap out of me. Glad Brooks scared the heck out of them. We will see how long that lasts. I am glad no one was hurt...aside from the finger.