Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blah!

You know those days when you are just "Blah!"? and you can't snap out of it? and so you decide to blog about it? (me either.....) But hypothetically, if I DID feel like that, this would be why:
-Mother-in-law just left, and I always feel a little bummed
-wore some jean capris yesterday and had my boy ask me why I wear capris that are so tight and that I needed to buy some new ones that fit (thanks.)
-Whenever I look down at my toenails that need painting, my double chin gets in the way
-I just REALLY want to watch a movie. It's been FOREVER, and we haven't had a DVD player that works (or a TV for that matter) for 7 weeks.
-have to go pay for 2 library books that got left in D.C.
-I'm wearing orange, because it's the first clean shirt (that fits) that I grabbed and I look horrible in orange!
- the neighbor's pool has moss crap all in it, so we can't swim!
-my arms are too big to wear short sleeved shirts that are above my bicep.
-Couldn't go on a walk yesterday because the stroller was in the van that I didn't have.
-my baby is all stuffed up and can't get over it (for the past 3 weeks) and it makes sleeping harder and eating harder.
-haven't seen my hubby in 36 hours and will be 48 by the time I do.
-didn't have a car to get out yesterday and everytime I went outside to play baseball with the boys I got eaten by mosquitos even though I was covered in spray
-I smell the dog's poop somewhere in the house, but I STILL haven't found it yet.
So, what's my solution you ask? Step 1- Blog about it........actually that really doesn't do anything for me, but at least I get to sit on my fatness for a little longer.
Step 2- we're going to the library to get new books, so I can STILL sit on my fatness, but snuggle my little ones
Step 3- you would THINK I would say exercise, but I'm not going to the gym until I can take my baby, and that's not until Sep. 2nd. So maybe I'll just do some squats and go on more sweaty walks.
Step 4- I need to go serve someone, that always makes me feel better.
Step 5- I am going to buy a gallon of paint so I can paint our living room and have a project do to while Brooks is out-of-town this weekend (by then my DVD player might have arrived and I'll go to Redbox and get a few nice chick flicks)
Step 6- MOP MY FLOORS. I just love the feeling of that on my feet. Lame, I know
Step 7- shave my legs. If you're a girl, you KNOW that just makes you feel on top of the world. (We females are a peculiar gender)
And lastly, lose myself in a good ol' scripture study during the kid's naptime. Then I'll remember that all of the above complaints are really quite miniscule in the whole scheme of things that I have someone who knows how I feel and knows how to make me feel better. Phew, I'm done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope your "blah" day goes away soon. i love how you know how to pick yourself up with service, scriptures, and snuggling your babies. i wish we lived closer. i'd be banging on your door with brownies and a good chick flick!

Stephanie said...

These days are few and far between in the whole scheme of things...you are such a beautiful woman with optimism and love and fun just overflowing from you. It will pass! :)

Suzanne said...

You forgot about the eating [lots of] chocolate in your list of things to do to get rid of the "Blah"!! But, apparently, you're not as shallow (or fat) as I and you list scriptures instead - WHAT A GOOD GIRL! :)