Monday, August 3, 2009

Iris' Blessing Day!!!!

Here the special princess is with Grandma before going to church.

First of all, no need to comment on how HOT Brooks looks in this picture, I know.
Here Iris is with the Priesthood menfolk. We got her asleep and THANKFULLY she stayed during the blessing because she's been so stuffed up and pitiful.
Iris with Grandma and R.A.
I love how Aleeya is just lost in the background without Grandma and R.A. giving her attention.

This picture was taken BEFORE Iris found out that we invited 16 people from Brooks' work and our neighbors to come to her blessing.......and NONE of them showed up. :)
But still, to get a nice sleepy smile from her even after being sick, just makes my day.
The dress was made in Brazil. I got it there when I was a teenager and have saved it for this very day! She looked like an absolute ANGEL in it.


5 comments:

Rishi said...

Melissa, how awesome is that. You have such a great little family. I love it!

The Stanford Family said...

What a sweet little girl. And, how cool that you saved a little blessing dress for that long. You're a one-of-a-kind mom!

The Sanford Family said...

Weird, I looked at the last comments and thought, "Hey, I don't remember commenting aleady. Hey, that's not me." Any way, gorgeous baby and I LOVE the dress. Good choice. I'm glad the birthday party went well. Do you have some creative ideas for a Pirate themed party? Ethan wants one for his birthday next week.q

Jenny said...

Hi Melissa
Baby Iris is so cute! It was fun checking out your blog. Looks like you are having a great summer. You have the same energy as my mom did as a young mom. She would just keep having fun with new baby in tote. I'm so glad since I was #2 out of 6 we were always out doing fun things. Your awesome! And you look great!

Babelicious said...

I love the blessing dress!