Monday, August 3, 2009

5....or 6?

It just dawned on me that my title sounds like a pregnancy announcement... but since it's OBVIOUSLY not, let me explain.
Camden turned 5 on Sunday, August 2nd!!!!!
But we had his party in Saturday. Then on Sunday when we kept calling him the birthday boy he was convinced he had another one, so now he was 6. Smart kid.
Anyway, he had a "super fun" birthday party. He knew who he wanted to invite, the Scotts and the Haines. (Check out the 7 boys.....and Aleeya) :)He LOVED his fancy super-dooper box cake! :) He wanted a blue Star Wars cake. So it's blue and he got Star Wars figurines on it. He couldn't have been happier.
For his pinata he wanted Darth Vader, "so we could whack him with our light sabors".
And that's what he got. Here's what it looked like before I covered it with newspaper and paint. Talk about a good use of a pizza box!

And it is soooooooo hard to get a good picture of something ALL black, so I brightened it up so the wall behind it, is almost blinding. I do have to say though I LOVED having a pinata that was just all one color and I didn't have to add details.

And usually on birthday posts the Mom writes something like, "We love you Camden!" or something like that.....but honestly, this kid is the best.
If I could pick one kid to have home with me that would be the "easiest", it would be him!
(Who would have thought I'd be saying this 3 years ago?!?!?!?)
And yes Camden, WE DO LOVE YOU!!!!




4 comments:

The Stanford Family said...

Ha. How witty! I love how kids pop off with stuff like that... Seriously, do you search the internet for the "blue prints" for these pinatas or are you just winging it!?

Great job! Yet again! And, now I want cake.

Miguelybeli said...

Hey, Iris looks so pretty!!! By the way the pinata looks cool and I am sure it was fun to hit!!! If you notice the little boy next to Emerson looks like Samuel and for a moment there I said to myself "how did Samuel get in the picture"!

Kat Clark said...

I AM surprised that you are saying that about Camden. I thought he was the real stinker of the bunch! Happy "6th" Birthday dude. It will be funny next year when he turns six again. ;)

Babelicious said...

Happy Birthday Camden...From Hallie and Olivia.