Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lazy 5

No, that title does NOT refer to my children......they are anything BUT lazy. :)
We went to a place called "Lazy 5" with a few of my friends. It's pretty much a drive-thru zoo, but we opted for the horse-drawn wagon. Anyway, so as we pulled up we were greeted by these donkeys.
Oh, and one quick warning, there are A LOT of pictures, but it's worth seeing them, they're pretty cool, and the sweet picture of Iris in the next post! So bear with me.Iris pooped out of her clothes on the way there. Kim has a little boy, and he was so nice to lend Iris an outfit. Mom is CONVINCED Iris looks like Brooks and in this picture, I can't help but to agree with her. Iris is a regular mini-Brooks. We kept referring to Iris as "him" throughout the day. Poor thing.
Check out these baby pigs! Aren't they the cutest?!?!? The pink one is smiling!!!
But then they grow up into pot-bellied pigs and they really are one of the ugliest creatures I've ever seen. Talk about a perma-ugly phase. It's like they're stuck in the 10-12 year stage forever!
Getting ready to take off in the wagon ride. They were soooooo excited.

Bronson and Chris Gee.
I HAVE to have you notice Bronson's hair he did by himself. It actually turned out really good, but he rode to Lazy 5 with the Blackhams (7 year old girl and a 5 year old girl) and as soon as I told him that he ran into the bathroom and did his hair. What a stud.

A little zebra action.....we couldn't feed them because I guess the feed we had makes them sick and NOBODY likes a diarrea-ing zebra, right?

Here's to hoping the horse doesn't have gas.

Iris slept the whole time...........in THIS position.

Feeding the mud-bathed Water Buffalo.

My AWESOMEST OF THE AWESOMEST friends, Rachel and Kim
(they're the tan ones with the dark sunglasses....I know, I know, I should really stop hanging out with them)

The giraffes were so cool. All I could think of was Melman from Madagascar!

These bison/buffalos have NO fear. They just wanted more and more.

Aleeya was NOT amused when the buffalo decided to lick her arm.
Check out that tongue!!!

I know you're thinking, this picture is blurry.....but I couldn't get Emerson to hold still for it. He kept jumping up and down because he was so excited after he fed the Camel at the petting zoo part.

My kids absolutely LOVE toucans. Camden kept disappearing to come look at them, so I had to take a picture.

Mom was a good sport pushing the stroller for me!

The whole clan before trucking back home posing in front of the electrical fence..........that I THOUGHT was fake until Camden tested it out for us.
NOTICE: the other two couples snuggling. Now before you think that Brooks and I aren't on good terms, please note the disappearance of Camden from the picture. He's on the ground between me and Brooks, and Iris is under the blanket. The rest of my kids are covering their eyes. I'm thinking I should just crop out everyone else and use this as my new family picture. Talk about a winner!
But I promise, I really DO love Brooks.

7 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

Do you guess never stop having fun?!

Babelicious said...

That looks so fun--my boys would love that!

Suzanne said...

Great Family picture! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Bronson looks so handsome with his haircut and styled like that!!! All the kids are cute of course...but love the "big boy" look he is sporting.

rachel said...

I didn't have the picture of all us girls so I Stole it thanks. See ya in a couple of weeks.

McKenna said...

Hey, I was pretty cute from 10-12. It was the 15-19 phase that did me in ;) Or maybe I just looked bad always standing next to you. Yeah, that was probably it.

I can't believe how adventurous you are! Taking my kids to places like that is a SERIOUS workout. We don't smile a lot...or look that well put together.

Kat Clark said...

Ha ha! I am really laughing out loud. Especially about the electric fence and the way Iris was sleeping. Did you have to massage her neck to get the kink out?! That is so funny. I love how you guys just can't stay out of adventure. It's so entertaining! ;)