Wednesday, July 29, 2009

D.C. Action

We went to Washington D.C. to go visit our friends, the Henriods and their new baby Claire (born 2 weeks after Iris). We had the best time. We couldn't believe how BOTH babies looked exactly like their dads...........
so we had to get a picture with the Dads and the mini-mes.The Rogers went up there too! Here we are at the National Zoo there.
Have I mentioned I just love free? We didn't feel bad when we left early to miss traffic too!
Luke Rogers wanted to hold Bronson's hand. It was so cute.

Swimming at the Henriods...........Aleeya wanted Emerson's suit on and goggles. What a trip, that girl.

Here the boys are at some waterfalls they went to. I sent the camera with them under STRICT instructions to bring me back pictures. Thanks to Sarah's sister.....I got them.
And yes, I'm aware they don't have shirts on.

All of them missed their naps everyday we were there. So whenever we got in the car, they just zonked out. I love the head plant Emerson is pulling in the back seat.
The Washington D.C. temple was closed but we got to the Visitor's Center! That temple is just so incredible.
Don't you love the family shot with one in a car seat and one asleep in the stroller (Emerson)...which has a story. While watching a movie inside Spencer Henriod, said, "Is something spilling on Emerson because he's dripping?" Come to find out, the kid was soooo exhausted he just was laying there, peeing in his sleep, IN THE STROLLER!
And he STILL didn't wake up!

Camden and Daddy talking about the Cristus.


This is while listening the the words of scripture from the Bible when the Savior was speaking. I love how attentive the kids are!

After a FUN-filled weekend (we seriously had the BEST time!),
the kids got right back into home-life making forts, huts and the like downstairs!
(Grandma and R.A. the kids are just warming up your bed for you for this weekend!)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys are having such a fun time! I loved all the pics from the zoo and seeing your mom again, she hasn't changed a bit! You Degn girls are all gorgeous.
I'm thoroughy impressed with all the free stuff you manage to get, we love Sobe, so I'm jealous. :)

Suzanne said...

Hey, you made an improvement...in this "family photo" you & hubby, although still separated by kids, have your arms kind of outstretched towards each other and you are ALMOST holding/touching hands!! :) A few more "family Photo" ops and you may make it to the snuggling, loving couple pics of your friends in previous posts! :)

Rick said...

Ok, I am a little miffed that you didn't tell me you were here!! We totally would have met you at the zoo!!!!!! Oh well; we will get to meet Iris someday!

Rick said...

ok, that was Page, not Rick... although he is even more mad than I am that you snuck here without seeing us. :)

Kat Clark said...

That is so sad that he was just peeing in his sleep without even knowing it. You guys really do have too much fun!