Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bringin' my zoo to the zoo

Bronson goes to Zoo Camp 3 times this summer at an awesome zoo about a hour away. So I decided, "Why not, go spend 5 hours at a zoo, in the middle of the day with 4 kids, one being a newborn that hates her carseat and stroller? Sounds like fun!" Actually, it wasn't too bad and the kids had a great time! Nursing in nasty bathrooms and hot/humid puppet theaters wasn't too fun though.

They LOVED this tadpole pond that you could catch.....um.......tadpoles (obviously). Oh, you're wondering why Aleeya is in her swimsuit? Well, it's because that was her spare set of "clothes" after she peed through her first set.....but it turned out to be a pretty good idea considering...........
Yep, you guessed it! She fell in. So nasty. But at least she didn't let go of her net.






Yep, all 4 are in there. Who needs to go to the gym with this workout?


Aleeya couldn't be happier with that icecream cone......that melted sooooooooo fast in the heat that I MAYBE got a third of my money's worth. But who cares....her smile was worth it. I forgot how I don't like sprinkles and how they taste like old sugar.



Camden and Emerson got to ride the Merry-go-round and found their 2 favorite animals! What luck! They were next to eachother too!





The lizard Camden caught.......BEFORE it detached itself from his tail and ran away. Camden didn't notice until the lizard was safely out of his site, and was shocked when he looked in his hands and had half a tail.






My 2 kids are the ones laying on the buffalo's back and backside. We later met up with a friend here, and that's her little boy Will on the front. He's a cutie.
We had fun though and they all fell asleep on the way home! However, I'm thinking next time Bronson has zoo camp, I may talk Brooks into going with me.........call me crazy.




6 comments:

Page said...

I just showed my family my crazy friend who takes her five kids including a newborn to the beach and the zoo. (And who looks great doing it all.) You are amazing!!

Erin Davis said...

I love the title of this post! I bet you were tired after that trip!

Kat Clark said...

Crazy bananas! All five to the zoo by yourself?! Woman! You are my hero! BTW, cute hair, I wish I had the guts to cut mine but Michael might divorce me if I did.

rachel said...

I love that she fell into the pond. But luckily go mom had her prepared with a swim suit. That ice cream looks good. We need to go get ice cream

Niederfam said...

I LOVE sprinkles, because they do taste like "old" sugar!!! Too funny. AND.........IMPRESSIVE to take them all to the zoo!!!!!! WOW.

Babelicious said...

What a fun day!! I love going on little outings with a newborn. They sleep so good being pushed around and it feels so good to be out of the house doing something!!