Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bye Bye Binki

We took away the binki this week starting Monday (so she'll be good to go by church on Sunday). Throughout this experience I'm reminded why I've taken the binki from my other kids at 12 MONTHS!!! NOT 15 MONTHS!!!! It's like they grow an opinion in those 3 months. Anyway, here's Aleeya sitting in her bed refusing to go to sleep and she was bawling!!! Then I pulled out the camera and she smiled....stinker.



She would walk around whining because she was one nap short (now she'll only take one nap during the day) and she'd grab those binkis that she saw me cut off the tips, hold them up in my face and curse in babytalk. She let me hear it.
But honestly, the last two days, I've had my princess back and the happy little girl that always says, "Wow, wow, wow" when she shows me something (I guess I said that to her everytime she showed me something......but I only said it once, mind you.)

6 comments:

McKenna said...

Why didn't I think of that bikini thing for my audition?...Oh right...because I SO couldn't pull off a bikini ;)

I forgot about the morning oatmeal. I thought of you the other day when I got my kids a happy meal and I remembered that sophomore year choir trip when we nicknamed ourselves after all the chicken nuggets...somehow. Weren't you Shmick?

The Sanford Family said...

Go you! I always take the mimi's away from my kids early on but Renae refuses to let go of it. If I was willing to loose sleep over it I would take it away but I'm not, yet. I do have comfort that she only needs it to sleep. We keep them in a box next to her bed and she can get it out once she's laying down.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you make dang cute kids.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Great job on taking the binki away! I let my girls keep theirs till after we were done traveling after Lee's graduation...they were a couple weeks over one. So it's good to know not to wait much longer than that. But good for you sticking to your guns! That is something you have to cut and not give in to the child's begging/whining etc. SO, when does Brooks SLEEP?? Is he the John Stewart of Martha Stewart? That is so awesome that he is teaching that class at high school. He will love it. I really want to teach a personal finance class at high school someday when all the kiddos are in school. I think that would be so fun. Dave Ramsey actually has a high school curriculum all set up. And you know my obsession with him. Anyway, that is awesome. Does he have good hours for his residency? I can't remember what you told me last summer. Hope you're doing well! Oh, Clark took a picture of my belly today. It was funny. He said it was getting big and he needed to take a picture. I will need to post one up soon.

Kat Clark said...

Yay that you made it through. You must be a seasoned, tough mom because I hear too many stories of people giving in. :) On another note, I once had this guy tell me I should totally get my kid to take a binki so he wouldn't cry so much. I am so glad that I never took his stupid advice because I have loved not doing the weaning thing. Whether I break down and binki-tize my next one, we'll see. If I do, I'll be calling you for advice when it comes time to get rid of it. Phew, long story... :)

Babelicious said...

Yay!! I'm glad to see you're getting some mileage out of those clothes. I love little ones in overalls. Those were one of my 70% off specials.