Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A blessing in disguise

Last weekend we went to Raleigh on a temple/weekend trip. While Brooks was at the temple I guess the van didn't start. (We couldn't have gotten home nor could Brooks have contacted us and we couldn't pick him up anyway! Seriously, bad timing) But that's all I heard about it. So yesterday (Tuesday) I went to the gym with all four kids and after a hour workout tried to start the van and nothing happened. As I sat there in the van (pouring rain outside) praying that the van could at least get me home, I was overwhelmed in the thought of WHAT A BLESSING to have gotten stranded here. Seriously, how many times had we taken the van since last Friday?!? I knew the van wouldn't start that night so I just had to wait it out until Brooks got off work. So the kids went back inside, played, I went to Zumba class, then went outside to see if the van could be jumped. It didn't work but we eventually got a ride home. (Van is still there, but Brooks will run down today and look at it/fix it) It was actually kind of a little miracle of mercy and timing I was shown by Heavenly Father. There was no way with the problem (alternator) that we have it should've worked so many times since last Friday. I'm grateful for a Father who is mindful of my sanity!!!! :)

6 comments:

Niederfam said...

Way to be so POSITIVE and look at the BRIGHT side, and NICE you had a TWO hour work-out at the gym!!!!! Love reading about what you are up too, keep it coming and please tell me you have been to see a DR. by now!!!!! ;)

Kat Clark said...

Little Miss Optimism! No really it is so refreshing to hear people look at things this way. BTW to answer your questions, no I am not going to knit her a blanket I'll probably sew one instead. I plan on knitting a couple of beanies and maybe some booties. I am still teaching classes at the gym. Since I am just a sub it's a little random when I get to teach but at least I have the free gym pass so I can take class whenever! Funny that you go to Zumba because last Friday I ended up leaving early from that class. I couldn't stand watching my pregnant booty look so silly trying to shake it and stuff. Plus the instructor had a super thick spanish accent and I was having a hard time understanding her. Anyway, I would love to see you in action! Maybe someday I can go to Zumba with you and you can take a Step class from me!!! :)

Kat Clark said...

Sorry just one more thing! I went to the doctor today and waited an hour and a half for a five minute long visit with the doctor. It was seriously so annoying! I thought to myself, "why am I going to the doctor every four weeks?! I should be doing what Melissa does!" I support you in your "wait till the last minute" decision to go to the doctor. It's just not worth it! Ok I'll be done now. :)

Melissa S. said...

Update: The van is fixed and great. (Warning: girl explanation coming up) I guess the starter wasn't screwed on tight anymore so it wasn't all the way connected to the thingy that starts the motor. Thankfully our neighbor is a car pro (and apparently a garage door opener pro because he fixed that too) and showed Brooks plenty of things while just screwing it back on tight. Yay for not having it be a bigger problem!

McKenna said...

I'm glad it was a relatively easy fix. I loathe car problems!

But...WHAT!...is with you and the gym? Aren't you pregnant with four kids biting your ankles? Shouldn't you be sitting on your couch eating sweedish fish and getting fat like the rest of us would? I am disgusted ;)

Heather said...

I'm glad you got home safe that night too. I got a little hung up in the story trying to picture you pregnant at zumba class! ha ha!