The kids spend a lot of thought into what they want to be for Halloween.
Iris wanted to be a spider. I convinced her a spider web is JUST as awesome. (and easier)
Aleeya wanted to be Messi (the soccer player). Check out the haul Aleeya and her best friend got at our church Trunk or Treat.
Kellyn wanted to be a bumble bee. Turns out walking around the Dollar Tree she saw "the PERFECT" costume. 😂 #score.
Everly wanted to be a worm. Not a caterpillar....a worm.
And she was FIRM on that idea for a whole month (that's a lifetime for a 4 year old)
And she was FIRM on that idea for a whole month (that's a lifetime for a 4 year old)
Since Dollar Tree came through for me before I strategically took a cart with Everly in it down the Halloween aisle there. She saw a "beautiful crown, wand, wings and necklace" and decided she wanted to be a fancy, fairy princess with one of her dresses she already had at home. Phew. A worm would've been quite tricky.
I was actually in charge of the ward Trunk or Treat this year, so I needed a costume that I could move around in and have a nice fan blowing on me at all times. So I pulled out my old faithful costume.
They even GOT some Dubble Bubble Trunk-or-treating!!! (which I snuck out and gave to another kid. Who KNOWS what they will do with gum!)

On the actual day of Halloween it was pouring rain. Like DUMPING rain. Emerson's costume seemed perfect.

I couldn't believe it but my kids STILL wanted to go trick-or-treating! Emerson, Aleeya and Iris went at their pace and I took Royce, Kellyn and Everly. I had an umbrella and was getting wet anyway. We finally just decided to take our shoes off and enjoy the warm rain.
Funny thing is they got SOOOOO much candy because no other kids went out. We went to a neighborhood that last year was FULL of kids walking around and the kids had people telling them, "you are the only kids we've seen! So here, take some more.....and here's some more."
It was the most efficient trick-or-treating I've ever seen!
Looking at the picture above though it MAY have something to do with feeling sorry for the homeless looking kids too, I don't know.
Royce kept his Halloween candy in this tennis racket case. You can TELL how much he got.
The older kids got even more. Which is why Brooks made a little deal with Emerson, Aleeya and Iris that if they would go candy-less for a whole year they could earn some money. I couldn't believe it but they TOOK the deal of no pop or candy for 365 days. Hey, it's cheaper than paying for a cavity right? 😂
No comments:
Post a Comment