Sunday, June 23, 2019

Busy First of October

Women's General Conference is the first Saturday night of October where all girls 8 and up get to hear our prophet and other church leaders speak. I'm always so edified and my girls look forward to it like crazy

I'm thinking it's not for the actual broadcast but probably more for how we go out to eat before. This time the restaurant we wanted to eat at was closed for a private party so we grabbed something fast at Johnny's and went to Goodwill and rode around on the town scooters. 


They are a LOT faster than you would think. haha

Our sweet Kellyn turned 6 on October 5th. Her "born to sparkle" shirt is perfect for her.
Her junkbox contents.

October just felt so busy this year. What a trooper this little girl picked me to make a "princess ball" pinata. It was beyond easy and she painted it herself.....which almost made it MORE exciting to her than any elaborate shape.
Kellyn wanted to go see "Small Foot" with her friends. And yes, her tall friend, Juliana was who Kellyn wanted to invite as well.
It was raining so bad and I guess there was a tornado watch, so the moms were a little nervous in me getting the kids home quick. But hey, I didn't hear any alarms and every lived to tell the tale.

Kellyn LOVES physical touch and snuggling. She loves love in all its forms. She loves to be loved and show love. I guess she is our love-girl. :)
Early morning scripture reading snuggles

In October I needed to take our van to be fixed. The only place to fix the issue was 2 hours away. So SOMEONE has to take it there and leave all the kids home to spend a whole day by themselves.......I guess it mind as well be me!
While the van was being worked on I was given a courtesy car which was REALLY nice. I asked where I should go first and I was told this museum place with great walking trails. 
I'm not an art museum person. Or at least I thought I wasn't, but then I realized it probably was because going to places like that with kids isn't fun. So maybe I really WAS an art museum person but just wasn't given the chance!
That day I realized that I am DEFINITELY not an art museum person. Nor am I an abstract person. Paint me something beautiful that looks real and I'm there. But I saw some REALLY weird stuff.....and that's including people walking around with tears in their eyes.

I decided the walking trails were more my zen-place. 
I put some scriptures on in my ear phones and just walked around. It was such a mind-clearing and centering feeling that could ONLY be topped by laying down in the SOFT grass and looking up at clouds and leaves.
Which is exactly what I did. I know it sounds silly, but I used to do it all the time as a child. It brings perspective of the world and universe to me and feels me with just.....ah.....how to explain?! It just FILLS me. 
Living in the south for so many years it is a RARE thing to find a place with soft grass. In fact every time I go back to Utah to visit family it's one of the first things I do, is lay down on the grass like a little kid. haha.

The day was so wonderful. I feel like the van might be "breaking down" and will need to be fixed more often. 😉

Speaking of breaking down........ Brooks still has it when it comes to breaking down these big boys of mine. 😆





No comments: